Best Attraction Wait Time App?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
My Disney Experience gives you the wait time clocks from inside the park - so if that is what you are looking for, go with that. Everything else is using estimates or crowd sourced data.

Furiated

My Disney Experience gives you the wait time clocks from inside the park - so if that is what you are looking for, go with that. Everything else is using estimates or crowd sourced data.

True, if you want the wait times from the boards inside the park, that's what MDE will provide.

I still like the Lines app because it will show you Disney's posted wait time, plus what they think the actual wait time will be. And users can submit their actual wait times so you can see how long people were really waiting.

ptaylor

Premium Member
True, if you want the wait times from the boards inside the park, that's what MDE will provide.

I still like the Lines app because it will show you Disney's posted wait time, plus what they think the actual wait time will be. And users can submit their actual wait times so you can see how long people were really waiting.

Disney does not make the wait time clocks data available to any third party, so other apps cannot be showing the wait times from the clocks, unless they have people at all attractions, at every moment of the day reporting that in.

Furiated

Disney does not make the wait time clocks data available to any third party, so other apps cannot be showing the wait times from the clocks, unless they have people at all attractions, at every moment of the day reporting that in.

That part I can't comment on as I don't know where the data comes from. We probably need @lentesta to provide more info on that. But I really like their comparison on how long they think you will actually wait, compared to the posted time.

cw1982

But the app is available to anyone for free, so while Disney doesn't release this information directly to Touring Plans per se, it would not be difficult for Touring Plans to plug into the app themselves and get the information.

Personally, I foresee myself switching back and forth between the MDE app and the Lines app. I've already got sketched out itineraries for each park on my Lines app, so I may end up using it some as a source of guidance if we're up in the air on what to do next or something.

I_heart_Tigger

I found MDE pretty accurate for the most part on my visits in January and April. The only times I noticed that it was way off was for the character meet and greets. Not sure if that was coincidence or not but they were off by about 30 - 45 minutes each. The sign at the locations were accurate, just the MDE app was off.

horizons82

My choice is MDE.

Additionally, in addition to the app I wish we were able to view wait times on the main site version of MDE as I occasionally look just for fun/curiosity.

lentesta

Premium Member
But the app is available to anyone for free, so while Disney doesn't release this information directly to Touring Plans per se, it would not be difficult for Touring Plans to plug into the app themselves and get the information.

Personally, I foresee myself switching back and forth between the MDE app and the Lines app. I've already got sketched out itineraries for each park on my Lines app, so I may end up using it some as a source of guidance if we're up in the air on what to do next or something.

We can read the MDE data. A couple of points:

1) MDE is intentionally wrong, on purpose, on occasion. Disney will manipulate the wait time at key attractions as a signal for crowds to go elsewhere. Those 200 minute posted waits you see in the morning at Space Mountain are sometimes really 40-minute actual waits, so Disney's trying to signal people to go elsewhere. Same thing with 90-minute waits at Toy Story at night.

2) How do I know this? Disney sends the "actual wait" time within the MDE data feed, but they don't display it to end users. If you attach a sniffer to your ethernet cable, you can see it. (It's JSON, for you programmers out there.)

3) We can compare Disney's "actual wait" to how long our users are waiting in line. From this we can determine that Disney's "actual wait" is also an estimate, which is based on the last set of red card data.

I'm pretty sure Lines is generally going to give you the most accurate picture of what's going on, because we don't use it to signal anything. But I'm biased. :)

Kman101

I noticed the wait difference. Big Thunder posted 40 minutes but I was through the queue and off the ride in exactly 20 minutes. And literally right before I decided to go on, it was 30 minutes (I had gone to check Splash first because it was hot as you know what) and after checking Splash, literally a few seconds later it was up to 40 minutes.

Sure, inaccuracies occur, but I definitely believe they manipulate the times.

Amyleigh

WDWmaps is great. It shows wait times and has GPS for those of us that might not know the parks too well. It has wait times for a few meet and greets. We were at WDW two weeks ago and I found the wait times pretty accurate.

Amyleigh

Is there an app that shows the wait times for meet & greets?

WDW maps has wait times for Princess Fairytale Hall (right and left sides) and Pete's Silly Sideshow. It also shows wait time for Epcot Character Spot although it doesn't tell you which character is there at the time.

WDW maps has wait times for Princess Fairytale Hall (right and left sides) and Pete's Silly Sideshow. It also shows wait time for Epcot Character Spot although it doesn't tell you which character is there at the time.
Thank you for the information. I'll have to download the app and check it out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom