Best Attraction Queue Music

mickEblu

That may have been me! Both are from George Bruns. JB Overture is actually a recycled piece ("Serengeti Serenade") from Ford's Magic Skyway at the 64/65 World's Fair -- but before even that it began its start as unused piece from 1963's "Sword in the Stone!" They really did not waste anything back then!

Hahah yes that was you!! They sure didn’t! I had no idea about the JB overture. Nice find.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
I just wish they hadn't handcuffed Broughton to Jerry Goldsmith's ghost when they commissioned him to compose for it.

Interesting point and while I think SoC is a beautiful soundtrack, perhaps they could've been a little more creative in composing the next soundtrack. Composers like John Williams and Hans Zimmer do a great job of that in any sequels they work on. See TDK series and Star Wars. The captured emotion is the same, the music similar - but it's not.

SatW sounds exactly like SoC, with maybe a new instrument or two according to the scene. I see what they were trying to do but I don't think the payoff was worth it.

Phroobar

Nobody's mentioning the poor Matterhorn! :D

Isn't that the same music used for the mountain climber game on the Price is Right?

EajDa_.gif

dweezil78

I just wish they hadn't handcuffed Broughton to Jerry Goldsmith's ghost when they commissioned him to compose for it.

The new soundtrack is like that America scene in IASW where for a brief moment it just sucks the life out of everything. There's just something artificial and inorganic about the new score (and the ride in general). The whole thing bums me out, I really wanted to like 'World' because I honestly had become a little bored with 'California.' Hindsight is 20/20 I guess!

D.Silentu

As long as there are motif's referencing Jerry Goldsmith's score, it's hard to keep the original Soarin' out of mind and judge its successor on its own.

Kramerica

The pirates of the Caribbean flute tune that gently plays in the background is something that really connects with me. I always love disneyworlds space mountain tune “Star Tunnel” it’s powerful enough to me that it can entirely change my mood while quietly playing in the background on a crazy day. It is really short though, so a loop gets repetitive.

BasiltheBatLord

Last few times I’ve been to DL i’ve noticed that the Holiday music box queue music now plays even during regular HM. Anybody know when that happened?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom