Best Arcades at WDW

maryg

I have one kid who just loves to drop money into those Arcades.

Does anyone know where the best arcades are in WDW. I know it's a waste to spend time doing that, but I'm trying to allow everyone something they enjoy.

Thank-you for all of your help.

DivineMadness7

The Contemporary!
My grandfather always used to take my brother and I there and he would give us like $50 in quarters. Mom wasn't thrilled about this, haha but we loved it! Even if you aren't staying there, hop on the monorail from the Magic Kingdom and spend a little time there. I really like the shops there too, so even if we aren't staying we usually make a trip for nostalgia's sake.

Also, if you've never been to Disney Quest, you might wanna check it out! Every arcade game you can think of is there! You pay one fee (or with some tickets admission is included) and you can play unlimited games!

Upvote 0

Computer Magic

DivineMadness7 said:
The Contemporary!
My grandfather always used to take my brother and I there and he would give us like $50 in quarters. Mom wasn't thrilled about this, haha but we loved it! Even if you aren't staying there, hop on the monorail from the Magic Kingdom and spend a little time there. I really like the shops there too, so even if we aren't staying we usually make a trip for nostalgia's sake.

Also, if you've never been to Disney Quest, you might wanna check it out! Every arcade game you can think of is there! You pay one fee (or with some tickets admission is included) and you can play unlimited games!
Disney Quest is the obvious place especially for nostalgia's.. "wizard shot the potion" :lookaroun from a video game as a child.

On our honeymoon, the wife and I started a tradition of playing air hockey on every visit. So every resort we stay we look for a arcade with a air hockey game.

AKL is small but PO Riverside was pretty nice. I have to check out Contemporary.

Upvote 0

figment1988

for the theme parks: Pizza Planet at the disney-mgm studios because of the DDR machine, and now that they added Outrun 2, Ultracade (a multi-game machine which has all of the Street Fighter 2's), and a Donkey Kong/Donkey Kong Jr./Mario Bros. 3 in 1 game. i might come there more often.

for the resorts: Port Orleans Riverside because it's a retro-gamers' dream (since it has the 1991 Simpsons arcade game, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2, WWF Wrestlefest (which has hulk hogan), and the 6 player version of X-Men)

Upvote 0

Narthex

While not the best....The exit of Space Mountain is a decent arcade. They do have the Disney edition of DDR which is always fun to watch people play.

Upvote 0

MarcV

Ijust saw home video this weekend of my baby sister and my two nephews racking up the points at Skee Ball in the Contemporary. The arcade was a nice big size and had that boardwalk kinda feel that Skee Ball brings. Disney Quest though is huge and has some very innovative virtual games and a great nostalgia room with all the classics.

Upvote 0

ssidiouss@mac.c

If you like arcades then pay the extra money and get into DISNEY QUEST at downtown disney!!!

Its open late so u can go after a park closes even :) Also.. its a few stories tall and has awesome couches with internet.. vr stuff.. everything.. and its all on freeplay after you get it!! I gave my wife a quick history lesson in videogames on the one classic floor that had all the old games on it.

As for the parks.. I liked the old school shooting arcade near splash mountain (just a shooting game), the full arcade outside space mountain, and the pizza planet arcade near muppets in MGM.

We stayed at pop century resort and it had a trippy arcade that I liked to go to each morning.. you can see the picture of it here.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

Both Caribbean Beach and Yacht Club have a few pinball machines, including RollerCoaster Tycoon. And low friction air hockey tables.

Love them both!

Lafferty Place Arcade and Goombay Games, I believe.

Upvote 0

Sapphire

Here! here! on Disney Quest! Five floors of every type of video game you can think of. There's something for everyone...plus there's the Cheesecake Factory (not the same menu as the regular sit down version, but the cheesecake's the same...yumm) Also,I have to put in my votes for Tomorrowland and the Contemp.

OOH and if you like sports themed games, check out the arcade at the Boardwalk that's connected to the ESPN Club

Upvote 0

Ziggie

I agree that DisneyQuest has the best arcarde games (after all, it's billed as the "World's Largest Indoor Interactive Theme Park") ~ but, depending on how tight your budget is, you may want to opt for the Contemporary or one of the arcades in the park. Adult admission to DQ is around $36/each and around $29 for each child (under the age of 9). Depending on how many kids you have (+ 2 adults) it could get pricey :eek:

Upvote 0

chucknstuff

I love the Contemporary (best if your hotel is on the monorail loop, wilderness lodge, or ft wilderness)
Disney quest is great as well (admission is required to disney quest, unless already included in your package)

Upvote 0

diveteam

I would agree, DisneyQuest is the place to go, we normally go there a few times after the parks close during our holidays to WDW and afterwards grab a snack at the take-out window of Bongos (yum)

Mark

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom