Best Animatronic in a Magic Kingdom attraction...

HM999thGhost

Original Poster
Originally posted by disnyfan89
thread drifft

I would just like to remind everyone that sir will still be in the attraction.

SIR from ExtraTERRORestrial will still be in it after its Lilo & Stich make-over?

dxwwf3

Originally posted by HM999thGhost
Why?

Well the actual figure of S.I.R. will be there but it won't actually be the character of S.I.R. They are turning the figure into a policeman or something of the sort. But he will always be S.I.R. to most of us. They can call him what they want to or change his voice but that figure will always ooze Tim Curry-like evilness for me :lol:

Back on topic though I agree 100% with grizz's choices. Even in breaking them up he's exactly right. Of course my all time favorite AA was the infamous "Alien" from AE. Come on he was so good he didn't even need a real name. :lol:

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
One Word.

S.I.R.

Best. Audio-Animatronic. Ever.

The Timekeeper is also good, as well as the Tiki Godess from The Enchanted Tiki Room: Under New Management, Hopper from It's Tough To Be A Bug!, and of course the Wicked Witch of the West from GMR. Very well designed.

mickeyfanatics

Well, I feel the best AA in the MK is Abraham Lincoln in the Hall of Presidents. He stands, sits, and gives a great speach.

He is no comparison to the two best ones in all of WDW

#1 - Chief Joseph (American Adventure) - If you do not believe me, sit in the second row under the Eagle and you will see how amazingly life-like he is.

#2 - Wil Rogers (American Adventure) - This figure twirls a lasso, stops, twirls again, and also moves his hat up on his head. Amazing.

I thought I would add these

#3 (tie) - Wicked Witch and Hopper

#4 - All the other great AA's in the American Adventure

#5 - The Carnotaurus who chases you in Dinosaur

BTW - if you look carefully at the Father in the 1940's scene in COP, sometime his neck-tie is open and you can see his neck bobbling - it looks gross.

PuertoRekinSam

Well, I'll break all the rules, and mention AAs not in WDW's Magic Kingdom.

My fav, would have to be in Pirates.... Paris. They sword fight! and i mean hiting swords not close to each other, but actual contact. Very cool.

The Old Bride in HM was awesome, the new one just looks silly to me, but still a great ride.

The Wicked Witch in GMR is so cool. And then you look at the others in GMR and you can tell where they spent the budget for that ride.

The walking Franklin (could be twain, but i'm 99% sure it's Franklin) in the American Adventure at Epcot.

And my final choice would be Hopper in It's Tough to Be a Bug

disneyisbest

Originally posted by disnyfan89
thread drifft

I would just like to remind everyone that sir will still be in the attraction.
Well at least that part should still be good. You don't happen to know if the voice will still be Tim Curry do you?

BigNorm

I know I'm probably going to get stoned for this one, but I really like the AA's at the Tiki Room. I know Iago is a little annoying, or alot annoying, but he's got great movement. I really like Iago and Zazu. Hopper is a great AA as well, and I think SIR and Buzz are two of the best ever. Goodness, there are so many great ones in the 'World.' But let's not forget the fabulous Sonny Eclipse at Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe. Great show!

The Cheat

Account Suspended
I just have to throw my two cents worth in here. I have to go with SIR. His programming, his fluid movement, his dialouge, and the amazing way that he sets up the mood and the story of the rest of the 'encounter' definatley make him not only the most effectivley used animatronic, but also the best animatronic in ALL OF WALT DISNEY WORLD! Hopefully that all doesn't change that much with the arrival of the newest attraction.

mrtoad

Originally posted by PuertoRekinSam
The Old Bride in HM was awesome, the new one just looks silly to me, but still a great ride.

Totally agree. That was a change that should not have been made. You can actually hear it moving. Bad move.

mrtoad

Did any of you see AE when it first opened. I had read that Phil Hartman had done the voice of SIR and then it was changed to Tim Curry. I just wondered if it was cool with Phil. I would assume the whole scene would have been different. SIR would be funny not sinister.

TTA Traveler

Rode it back in April, & had the same problem. I asked a CM & they said its been like that for weeks :( whutta shame

Originally posted by barnum42
I rode Splash Mountain most days between September 20th and October 3rd. The hopping Brer Rabbit never once showed it's face. I guess it was broken and in the maintenance cutback was not repaired.

Does anyone know if this is still the case?

TTA Traveler

Phil HArtman wasnt as evil as SIR, not that funny either. anyweay, best AA EVER would have to have been Alec Tronic from Innoventions. But now they replaced him with a Motorola AA which is still pretty neat to watch :):)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom