Best and Worst

Nemmy

matt88mph said:
YES, THIS INCLUDES EARTHQUAKE!!!! (It still conveys to the original theme of the park, remind me to rant about this at a later date.)
I also understand that they stopped having the tanker explode. From a kid who had been on Earthquake a while ago, he said that it's supposed to fall and explode. Can anyone tell me if this effect was stopped, or broken down?

Legacy

Nemmy said:
I also understand that they stopped having the tanker explode. From a kid who had been on Earthquake a while ago, he said that it's supposed to fall and explode. Can anyone tell me if this effect was stopped, or broken down?
I've never seen the tanker NOT explode. The effect was probably down.

Lynx04

Best:
Spiderman/Mummy

Worst:
I was disapointed in Jaws, I think it is my least favorite attraction.
Mr Mcbean (not saying it is the worst attraction idea, just worst because they never opened it, and it just sits there. At least it looks good)

While I think they have been getting better, I due think marketing has been their biggest downfall over the past 4 years. I thought it was great when they put that product placement in the Cat in the Hat movie near the end, talk about obvious.

DDB

Best:

USF: Back to the Future/Mummy/MIB/Dude On Jaws Boat
IOA: Spiderman/Hulk

Worst

USF: The Jaws Ride/Earthquake
IOA: Pterandon Fliers/Flying Unicorn

Improvements

The Jaws Ride really needs improvement. Also ET really needs a good modernizing. They really need to cut down on the use of Motion Simulator type attractions at USF and gets some good quality rides. A Waterpark would be pretty awesome too.

CAPTAIN HOOK

When I 1st visited USF in '94 (No IOA then) they concentrated on the film studios so much that it was better than MGM. Since the opening of IOA (1999 ?) USF has declined rapidly and at present is worth the admission (well not until MIB, Mummy opened)
US must pour money back into the film studios if they are to improve.

Lynx04

I think a new hotel resort is probably the most important expansion that I can think of right now. The reason I come to this conclusion, I here from people on this board that their resorts are mostly always filled and it makes sense because it reflects in thier room rate. Their least expensive resort is near $150 if not higher during regular season, at least when I checked. Why would a family stay at Universal when their rates are higher then Disney's. Although honestly, I think Universals resorts are superior to Disney's resort in quality. If they open another resort they will have more room for people visiting which will fill the parks up even more.

I think one of the problems that leads to the low attendence figures at IOA was because they didn't have enough resort rooms to attract guests to stay there which equals not enough guest to visit the parks. While yes there are surrounding hotels and Disney as well, guest staying on site are more likely to spend more time in your parks then guest not on site. I think with an addition of a fourth resort accompanied by better marketing, the resort will prosper better then what they have seen in the early 2000s.

Damn, can you believe it is almost 2005, we are already saying early 2000s. SCARY!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom