Best and Worst

Legacy

Best Ride- Spiderman on IOA side, MiB or Mummy or Studios side.

Worst Ride- I would say Triceretops Encounter on IOA side, but it's closed... so I have to go with Ptyredon Flyers (too low a rider capacity). On Studio side, Shrek 4-D.

What could Universal do better?- That's a tough one. I think that a more family-friendly atmosphere would be better financially, but the dark edge they have is what I like so much about them. I think some more "family" and cutting edge attractions would add a lot. I love the theming, and I think the employees are great. So more attractions is my answer.

Nemmy

Best: IOA = Hulk!!!!!!!!!!! Best coaster out of 536. USF = Mummy!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8th best out of 536!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Worst: IOA = Dueling Dragons. Ends way too quickly. I didn't get the dueling effect. Besides roller coasters...Spidey. USF = Jimmy Neutron

What could improve: They need a water park, and maybe a new hotel to go with it. Combine Blizzard Beach and Schlitterbahn (according to Travel Channel, the 2 best water parks in the country). Theming and innovation. That would be da bomb.

hawkkid011790

Original Poster
best: UF:Mummy IOA:Hulk
worst: UF:Earthquake IOA: Just disaapointed w/ the Jurrasic Park area

Improve: I would agree with Legacy, it needs more family rides and it will be closer to perfect, and maybe a new hotel

1stStarIC2nite

Best: Revenge of the Mummy, Jaws, and E.T. I believe these three really make you feel into the movie or adventure, which I believe Universal tries to do.

Worst: Back to the Future, Spiderman (I didn't see what was so great about it), JP River Adventure (again same thing), Dueling Dragons, and Hulk. I guess why I didn't like them that much is because I went it with expectations too high, and didn't get the experience I had heard of, and left IoA unimpressed. And sadly, I have no desire to return there :( But it's ok, because I feel the Studios is much better anyways.

Improvement: - Make new and better storylines!! Some of the things in their attractions just don't make sense to me.
- Expand!! It's okay right now, but a state of the art waterpark to give BB and TL some competition would be nice.
- Do SOMETHING with IoA. There is almost no reason to return to this park when there has been almost NOTHING added to the park since it opened. I think it's rather pathetic, actually :mad:
- Oh! Also, a nice and permanent fireworks/laser show would be nice.

Overall, Universal Orlando is a nice addition to a Florida vacation, but I'll always be happier with and love the "Magic" even more. :D

NemoRocks78

Seized
BEST
Universal Studios Florida: Revenge of the Mummy
Islands of Adventure: The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man

WORST
Universal Studios Florida: Earthquake - The Big One
Islands of Adventure: Storm Force Accelatron

WHAT COULD MAKE UNIVERSAL BETTER?
Universal Studios Florida: New attraction in the World Expo, new show in the old WWW Stunt Show Theater, second theater added to Shrek 4-D (with Express access brought back and a new film), refurbishment for Back to the Future The Ride (new screen, vehicles, and enhancements to the film), demolition of Nickelodeon Studios for a new attraction.

Islands of Adventure: New island, return of the Island Skipper Tours, new attractions for all of the islands (for example, JP - JP Jeep Tours, SL - opening of SMMVUDM and a new attraction, MSHI - replacement for Storm Force Accelatron, TL - new attraction in the Ampitheater's place), Seuss Landing refurbishment (could really use some paint).

Universal CityWalk - New restaurant, clubs.
Other - Two hotels and a water park.

Legacy

NemoRocks78 said:
MSHI - replacement for Storm Force Accelatron
I really like Storm Force. What they should do is enclose the building and enhance the lighting so that it is actually effective. They, they can have a much more developed (it's fleshed out but not known) storyline. I think then it would be great.

stingrock23

Best - Spidey. ( I haven't been on Mummy yet)

Worst - Earthquake. I know it's a classic, but I just don't bother with it anymore.

Improve - Add something to Jurassic Park and Lost Continent.

Figment1986

Best... Mummy-USF, Hulk-IOA

Worse... BTTF-USF, Pydteriod(sp?) Flyers-IOA

Improvements- Move Wet & wild to on property.... Add a night time show during the on season and screw the people who complain... without you they wouldn't ahve nice schools and facilities.... Add something new in some of the empty space at IOA and get more filming at USF... all we have is nick stuff..and wrestling... Get some movie or something every year... and offer a tour.. and fill in some of the valuable space thats in the park...

Nemmy

DarkMeasures said:
Best: Dueling Dragons

Worst: Earthquake. It even stinks if you are chosen as a volunteer.
Yea, on Zach's field trip, the literature teacher was chosen for the 3 story stunt fall. Ouch.

Figment1986 said:
Best... Mummy-USF, Hulk-IOA

Worse... BTTF-USF, Pydteriod(sp?) Flyers-IOA

Improvements- Move Wet & wild to on property.... Add a night time show during the on season and screw the people who complain... without you they wouldn't ahve nice schools and facilities.... Add something new in some of the empty space at IOA and get more filming at USF... all we have is nick stuff..and wrestling... Get some movie or something every year... and offer a tour.. and fill in some of the valuable space thats in the park...
Good idea! Der Stuka, Bomb Bay, and the rest would be great at Universal!

matt88mph

Best: Back to the Future: The Ride (Too Cool to be Abbreviated)

Worst: Everything in the entire complex has potential, just not used yet.

Improve: See above, bring all attractions to their full potential.

YES, THIS INCLUDES EARTHQUAKE!!!! (It still conveys to the original theme of the park, remind me to rant about this at a later date.)

Best IOA= Spiderman!!!
USF= MIB
Worst IOA= Flying Unicorn
USF= The Woody the Woodpecker Coaster

I think that to improve they need to-
1) Add a new hotel
2) Add a waterpark
3) Add more family rides to IOA.

Figment1986

only problem about those 2 kidyd coasters... are they are there for family members to ride together... at USF.. Kids cannot ride mumy.... at IOA.. the family cannot ride al the coasters together... so they ahve those 2 family type coasters thats still slightly thrilling enough...

Nemmy

Who's heard of spell check before? ;)

I count plenty of rides at IOA for the family. Dudley Do Right and Popeye are two great examples. Maybe Jurassic Park, depending on the kid. Pteryadon (sp?) Flyers seems to be adult-hating. Storm Force isn't too bad. Spidey is good for families, not scary at all. Really, all the stuff in Seuss Landing is good for the family. Cat in the Hat is awesome! Kids at the Lost Continent have FU, I mean, Flying Unicorn...some kids might like Posideon's Fury. There's plenty of family stuff at IOA.

Brooke

Best:
At IOA: Spider-Man
At US: Mummy

Worst:
At IOA: Flying Unicorn
At US: Woody Woodpecker

(I know that kiddie coasters are great for kids that can't go on the big ones, but I don't like em)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom