Best All-Star Hotel

chellnjr

I would say that it depends on your personal taste. The three do not have the same layout.

I like the Movies best, especially the Toy Story buildings. The layout there seemed to be better and everything seems easier to get to. I also like the food court better at the Movies.

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

All-Star Movies. Seems like there is a lot more there--the Fantasia area is very kewl, with the original on one side and Fantasia/2000 on the other.
Kyle

Upvote 0

James123

Account Suspended
All have great themes. I like the wall light at Movies because of the "popcorn box" effect. Sports and Movies have much better layouts because most of the buildings are close to the main lobby (i.e. front desk, food court, bus stops, etc.). In Music, if you get stuck in "Country Fair" , "Rock Inn" or "Broadway Hotel" it's a looooooong walk to the bus stops. Coronado Springs has the same problem. Sports has a problem in that a lot of cheerleaders, little league ball teams and other such "noisy" large groups often book rooms there. Nothing like waking up at 1 AM to hear 50 cheerleaders screaming in unison, "The Magic Kingdom is the best, let's go back now we need no rest!" However, Sports has a real significant advantage over the other 2 in terms of the bus system. Normally, the buses pickup and discharge passengers at the All Star Resorts in this order; Sports, Music and Movies (there are some exceptions). Therefore, generally you have a better chance of getting a seat on a bus if you're staying at Sports or Music. Bus drivers do take the initiative sometimes to reverse the order, but not often. In short, if you stay at Movies and plan to take the bus then be prepared to stand. Also let me add that standing is not too bad for most trips because the rides are rather short. However, the ride to the MK and DTD are the longest from All Stars. :eek: :snore:

Upvote 0

dopey

i've stayed at sports and movies and they seemed pretty much the same to me. the only difference is the theming.

i didn't have the problem james mentioned with the transportation. in fact, the buses seemed less crowded when i stayed at movies. and i stayed at movies in peak season, while my stay at sports was in off-peak season.

if you have kids, one advantage sports has is that it's closer to the nearby mcdonald's. but mcdonald's fries are available in all the major parks and you can get a lousy hamburger anywhere in the world.

pick your favorite theme and go with it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom