Best 4th of July fireworks display

marksniles

Original Poster
Hey everyone!! I'm going to be at WDW for 4th of July this year. WHich park has the BEST fireworks display for the 4th??

cm1988

Pyro

Epcot has the most spectacular fireworks on the 4th (and New Year's Eve). On those two nights, they plus up the regular show with additional pyro... including, I once heard, a second chance finale for all of the 'duds' that accumulate through the year.

Also, the park has plenty of room for everyone. They always have special entertainment all around World Showcase as well.

While you're down here, though, be sure to catch the fireworks at MK one other night. The new show is called Wishes. Everyone says it's great... and in the summertime it should be on every night. Check the entertainment schedule as your trip approaches, though.

Outback Paul

Man, I just registered so I could ask almost the very same question. During the family get-together tomorrow we are going to plan what we are doing each day. I was thinking that MK was NOT the way to go for the 4th.

Are there any other places that might be better, even if it's at Daytona Beach or something like that?

Bill

Account Suspended
Actually, the MK is the best place to be on the 4th!:) I go every year. Wilderness Lodge has a great rate at that time of year for FL Residents, so we always stay there. We usually rent watermice during the day, then at about 8:30 we take the boat to the MK. We watch the fireworks from the entrance of the park over the lagoon. It's really nice, and not as many people know they shoot the fireworks both behind the park and from the Beachcomber Islands. The MK actually does three times as many fireworks as normally in Wishes. You've go to go there. Now, after the fireworks, we head into the park, and if you bear to the right, you can enter the park bypassing Main Street and head directly into Tomorrowland via the CM parking lot and CM Shuttle Stop. :sohappy: Try it, but beware, the parks are all crowded. But MK clears out at 11, so there's almost no one at that late showing of SpectroMagic. Okay, that's all from me!:D

kurros

I've found that the best July 4th fireworks are at Magic Kingdom and the best place to enjoy them is from the Polynesian Resort beach, as you get a great view of the fireworks all around the lagoon. Though the beach seems to get more and more crowded each year.

And you can bring friends without having to worry about $50 tickets. The hardest part is parking. The transportation center parking lot fills up early, and the only way you can get into the resort parking lots is by being a guest or having a priority seating reservation #, so call up 407-WDW-DINE and make a reservation, and have the number/name handy for the guard at one of the hotels. Moral qualms aside you don't have to actually show up (I imagine they get a lot of noshows that day). Last year we managed to get in at Grand Floridian and take the monorail to the Polynesian.

gareth

epcot is excellent

amazing fireworks but its rammed full

we got there bout 2hrs b4 the fireworkd and it tokk us the best part of a hour to get to the lagoon due to the amount of people

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom