• Tough to be a bug ( Animal Kindom)

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Hounted Tower 4-D (Bush Gardens)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mikejakester

Original Poster
no doubt

You knw I was thinking, Did disney profit from Universal's Shrek movie?

I mean. I bet Universal Had to pay Disney something to be able to use so many of their characters. I mean. I bet they are some copyright things here and there...

Does anyone know anything about this?

iluvstitch

Well the characters in Shrek aren't the exact Disney characters- like not animated exactly the same. Disney didn't create all the characters- aren't a lot of them from fairy tales that are hundreds of years old, so I don't think they would have to ask Disney to use them. For example, Alice in Wonderland is a book by Lewis Carroll, so someone could make a movie of the story as long as the characters aren't drawn exactly like the Disney ones. -Stephanie

Walter

Well,

7. Haunted Tower (ugh)
6. Shrek 4-D (too many rip-offs from other #D shows)
5. It's Tough to be A Bug (I once heard a man say "I don't consider being poked in the back by the sharp end of a broomstick fun)
4. Philharmagic (just okay)
3. Honey I Shrunk the Audience (showing its age)
2. Muppets 4-D (very funny)
1. Terminator 2 3-D (I know, I know, it's Universal...)

I know that Terminator is a Universal show, but it's the only show that I can think of that has flawless, great looking 3-D effects. I know that I'm almost alone on my opinion of Philharmagic, but I thought that it was just okay, not on the level of amazing, like T23D.

Oh, and about Tinkerbell in Shrek, you bet your ______ that Disney got something. I know that the Disney company didn't create that character, but it was animated kind of similar, and it's not like any of us were fooled as to why they put her in there.

Mikejakester

Original Poster
Walter your not alone on the Philhar magic thing. I think it lacked too.

what do you mean the Disney Company did not create tinkerbell?

isin't tinkerbell from Peterpan?? Is peterpan a Disney created story? Or is it older than Disney? What about Pinochio? What about the 3 little Pigs? and The mirror from snow white? There are a few characters that where made from Disney.

i guess will have to wait for a lawyer to log in a tell us. Haha :lol:

But I doubt Disney would be stupid enough to not set any copyright laws to prevent something like that. I still think Disney got something. But Im not sure since they don't actually mention the actuall names of the characters like tinkerbell. Or the mirror. Aah Nuts. I don't know. someone call a lawyer, or better yet Roy!.:king: he must be in the bahamas now somewhere chilling.

ucf disneyfan

Originally posted by Mikejakester
what do you mean the Disney Company did not create tinkerbell?

isin't tinkerbell from Peterpan?? Is peterpan a Disney created story? Or is it older than Disney? What about Pinochio? What about the 3 little Pigs? and The mirror from snow white? There are a few characters that where made from Disney.

i guess will have to wait for a lawyer to log in a tell us. Haha :lol:

But I doubt Disney would be stupid enough to not set any copyright laws to prevent something like that. I still think Disney got something. But Im not sure since they don't actually mention the actuall names of the characters like tinkerbell. Or the mirror. Aah Nuts. I don't know. someone call a lawyer, or better yet Roy!.:king: he must be in the bahamas now somewhere chilling.

All Disney animated movies, up until Lion King, have been unoriginal. They're all taken from old fairy tales and folklore. Even the movies that claim to be original have certain things that are copied. But Shrek does use the characters to mock Disney. Which to me shows that Universal has nothing good to come up with and they know they are 2nd best. If Universal were better than Disney they would have original ideas. I honestly think Shrek 4-D is the biggest piece of crap ever.

cherrynegra

1. Mickey's PhilarMagic (definitely my current favorite. Combines everything you ever like about Disney. Walt would be proud.)

2. Muppet Vision (Sentimental favorite. I love the Muppets.)

3. Honey, I Shrunk the Audience! (Another sentimental favorite, but yes. Definitely showing age.)

4. It's Tough to be a Bug! (Good 3d effects and live effects combined. But I hate spiders!!!!)

5. Eisner Terminated 3d (My bad. Wishful thinking for new attraction.)

raven

Originally posted by ucf disneyfan
All Disney animated movies, up until Lion King, have been unoriginal.

Carefull with the use of the word "All" there. Mickey Mouse and all his movies (for example) were very original.

Mikejakester

Original Poster
Now that Lion King is mention in originality. Didn't disney have a little court problem with that movie? I don't know if someone remembers, but I remember a news report where some Japanese Animation company was suing Disney for copyright laws, Cuz aperantly the story of the lion king had a lot of features and charaters from one of their animated movies, and apperantly had all the same caracters from simba to scar (not same names) I think they settle out of court, but don't remember.

Does anyone remember this?

I remember Simba in the Japanese vertion was a white Lion, or tiger, and it looked like a pokemon animation. :zipit:

dmmgp2000

Originally posted by cherrynegra
1. Mickey's PhilarMagic (definitely my current favorite. Combines everything you ever like about Disney. Walt would be proud.)

I definitely agree with you there that Walt himself would be proud of Mickey's Philharmagic. Lately Disney has received a lot of bad rap for building things the easy way instead of doing it right. Mission :Space and especially Mickey's Philharmagic are both quality attractions that Walt would definitely be giving his stamp of approval if he was still with us. Mickey's Philharmagic represents everything that Disney stands for in my opinion. It's family entertainment, original, ground-breaking(world's largest seamless 3D screen), and heart-tugging at the same time. I hope the future attractions show the same kind of care for quality and originality that went into Philharmagic. From what I've heard about the next few attractions, I think that will be the case.

vilegirl

PhilharMagic is my favorite. I saw it a couple months ago and was just amazed! I saw Shrek 4D recently too and to be fair...it was really good. But it isn't better than PhilharMagic in my opinion.:sohappy:

dmmgp2000

Now that Lion King is mention in originality. Didn't disney have a little court problem with that movie? I don't know if someone remembers, but I remember a news report where some Japanese Animation company was suing Disney for copyright laws, Cuz aperantly the story of the lion king had a lot of features and charaters from one of their animated movies, and apperantly had all the same caracters from simba to scar (not same names) I think they settle out of court, but don't remember.

Does anyone remember this?

I remember Simba in the Japanese vertion was a white Lion, or tiger, and it looked like a pokemon animation. :zipit:
I remember reading about this when The Lion King first came out. I was only 11 years old at the time, but I remember reading something about the Japanese had basically the same story about a white tiger cub named Kimba. His evil relative tries to kill him and successfully kills the father, kid returns and takes revenge years later. That's about all I remember, but you're right.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom