Bermuda out of New York

Phonedave

We'll most likely fly into JFK or LaGuardia, spend the night at a hotel near the airport, then uber/shuttle to the port. Any recommendations fro getting from airport area hotel to port?

There are shuttle services that run between the AIRPORT and the cruise terminal. I don't know of any that run between area hotels and the terminal. Most of the hotels in the area have free shuttles between the hotel and the airport,. I don't think, on the day of the cruise, you want to take a shuttle from your hotel to the airport to meet the shuttle to the cruise port.

Honestly, I would not stay near the airport, especially JFK. You are still looking at an hour trip - if you don't get stuck in traffic. You are crossing Manhattan, on possibly a weekday morning (I just noticed the DCL Bermuda cruises are 5 days, I am used to 7 days cruises to Bermuda - I'll stick with that) Good luck not getting stuck in traffic.

I would seriously consider getting a hotel closer to the cruise terminal. A taxi from JFK to that area should be $50 or so.

I don't know the hotels in that area really well, because I have no reason to stay in a hotel in that area. The Marriott Marquis is a good hotel, right smack in the middle of Times Square (if that's your bag). It is not exactly cheap, but you should be able to get a room without a view for under $250. The Marquis also has a free shuttle to the cruise port. If you do not have luggage, you could walk it (I have many times) but I don't think I would do it with luggage.

Heck, if you get in early enough the day before, you could do the whole touristy thing and walk into other pedestrians at eat at over priced chain restaurants in Times Square while staring at the billboards. Or you could head over to the Intrepid, or go the other direction and walk to the MoMA or the Met (all walkable from the Marquis) and then hit up restaurant row during an off hour (after the theaters start but before they let out) and get some good food in a unique place for a good price. Or be really adventurous and head over to Toloache for some Mexican food (cricket tacos anybody) or over the Chez Napolean for some old school French (where else can you get brains in black butter).

Yeah, I would say, don't stay by the airport.

lostpro9het

There are shuttle services that run between the AIRPORT and the cruise terminal. I don't know of any that run between area hotels and the terminal. Most of the hotels in the area have free shuttles between the hotel and the airport,. I don't think, on the day of the cruise, you want to take a shuttle from your hotel to the airport to meet the shuttle to the cruise port.

Honestly, I would not stay near the airport, especially JFK. You are still looking at an hour trip - if you don't get stuck in traffic. You are crossing Manhattan, on possibly a weekday morning (I just noticed the DCL Bermuda cruises are 5 days, I am used to 7 days cruises to Bermuda - I'll stick with that) Good luck not getting stuck in traffic.

I would seriously consider getting a hotel closer to the cruise terminal. A taxi from JFK to that area should be $50 or so.

I don't know the hotels in that area really well, because I have no reason to stay in a hotel in that area. The Marriott Marquis is a good hotel, right smack in the middle of Times Square (if that's your bag). It is not exactly cheap, but you should be able to get a room without a view for under $250. The Marquis also has a free shuttle to the cruise port. If you do not have luggage, you could walk it (I have many times) but I don't think I would do it with luggage.

Heck, if you get in early enough the day before, you could do the whole touristy thing and walk into other pedestrians at eat at over priced chain restaurants in Times Square while staring at the billboards. Or you could head over to the Intrepid, or go the other direction and walk to the MoMA or the Met (all walkable from the Marquis) and then hit up restaurant row during an off hour (after the theaters start but before they let out) and get some good food in a unique place for a good price. Or be really adventurous and head over to Toloache for some Mexican food (cricket tacos anybody) or over the Chez Napolean for some old school French (where else can you get brains in black butter).

Yeah, I would say, don't stay by the airport.
Don’t stay near the airport...got it!

Phonedave

We have stayed at the Cachet boutique which is a few blocks from the port.

Pam

Stay there any and you can walk to the Ample Hills Creamery. Yes, the same Ample Hills as at the Boardwalk. It was a NY (and then NJ) thing long before they opened a location in WDW.

I don't know the hotel, but that is a nice location. Lots of bars and small restaurants just north of there.. 20 years ago you could not walk half a block in that area without running into an "adult" store. Now, it has been cleaned up immensely.

-dave

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
I stayed at this hotel for an event we were invited to in the City. It was nice, clean rooms and a nice little restaurant downstairs.

Pam

twodown4

Have you considered taking the AirTrain from JFK? It's super convenient, simple, and cheap . The AirTrain will take you from the airport to the Jamaica Station ($5) where you will transfer to Penn Station (~$15). From there you can go where ever you would like in the city either by subway, bus, or taxi. Do a search and you can read more about it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom