Bell Services

Rickster7

Original Poster
Are Bell Services open at the resorts? Specifically for storage of luggage. Staying at Beach Club starting June1st. Arriving early and want to head straight to the parks.

arich35

I know it is off topic when you get grocery delivery, do you need to specify somewhere to bring it to bell services? Also do you need to inform bell services you stuff coming? We will be arriving around 10 AM and dropping luggage off and going to MK, will have groceries delivered late afternoon.

crawale

Yes they are - you will need to be in the room if you ask them to bring your luggage to your room.
Are Bell Services open at the resorts? Specifically for storage of luggage. Staying at Beach Club starting June1st. Arriving early and want to head straight to the parks.

nickys

Premium Member
I know it is off topic when you get grocery delivery, do you need to specify somewhere to bring it to bell services? Also do you need to inform bell services you stuff coming? We will be arriving around 10 AM and dropping luggage off and going to MK, will have groceries delivered late afternoon.
You just give the resort address, they’ll almost certainly have been there before. You could let Bell Services know, but no need to.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

What I am concerned about....

Now that ME no longer has a bag service... everyone must carry their luggage, and "stick it" with Bell Services :(.
Just a guess.... Bell Services recently had their work load doubled, or tripled :(. With no trucks moving luggage? Poor Bell Services staff labor & storage just went through the roof :(. Just us.... unless staff has VASTLY increased? We will try our best to not use them :(.

arich35

Now that ME no longer has a bag service... everyone must carry their luggage, and "stick it" with Bell Services :(.
Just a guess.... Bell Services recently had their work load doubled, or tripled :(. With no trucks moving luggage? Poor Bell Services staff labor & storage just went through the roof :(. Just us.... unless staff has VASTLY increased? We will try our best to not use them :(.
ME Didn't store bags? Didn't Bell Services always store the bags when you arrived? At least that is what happened when we went in Dec 2019

ToTBellHop

I hope all those extra people tip! They are almost exclusive Americans now, so I assume most do.

LovePop

I don't think ME has ever had bag service. A separate company hauled luggage back when it was hauled for free, and when it got to the hotels, they hand it to the bell service, who then haul it to the rooms. So bell services are not working more than normal. If anything, they are probably working less than the free luggage days, being that people are hauling their own luggage directly to their rooms, except for guests who arrive early and need luggage stored, which they did before too.

Weather_Lady

I don't think ME has ever had bag service. A separate company hauled luggage back when it was hauled for free, and when it got to the hotels, they hand it to the bell service, who then haul it to the rooms. So bell services are not working more than normal. If anything, they are probably working less than the free luggage days, being that people are hauling their own luggage directly to their rooms, except for guests who arrive early and need luggage stored, which they did before too.
I think it would be interesting to find out (not that anybody is likely to gather this data, though) whether the number of bags and average bag weight per guest has gone down significantly since the discontinuation of DME's luggage transfer services. I suspect it has: now that people have to be responsible to move their own stuff around, they'll be a bit less likely to pack everything but the kitchen sink.

After some unfortunate incidents with checked luggage, my husband and I decided a few years ago that we would fly carryon only and keep our bags with us when we traveled, and it has certainly motivated us to master the art of packing light. If you embrace the challenge of whittling your packing list down to the "bare necessities," it's kind of fun, and as the song promises, your lighter load helps you "forget about your worries and your strife." :) For their own sake and for that of Bell Services, I hope more folks will be inspired to try it.

WDWBigEd

In the Parks
Yes

You just give the resort address, they’ll almost certainly have been there before. You could let Bell Services know, but no need to.
To add to this... Disney Security is very good at pointing the delivery services to bell services. All the delivery service needs is your Resort Name and the name on your room and you only have to be there if there is alcohol.
What company does everyone use for grocery delivery?
I recommend Instacart

Weather_Lady

What company does everyone use for grocery delivery?
We use Amazon Prime Now (but you need an Amazon Prime membership to use it). The groceries aren't crazily marked-up, delivery is free if you order $35 or more (but prepare to tip the delivery person, and also Bell Services, if you have them accept delivery for you), and you select a 2-hour window for delivery. The driver will text you when they're getting close. Cold items will be bagged in insulated bags with little cold packs. You only have to be present for delivery if you order alcohol.

Last edited:

G00fyDad

I have a question. We have been many times but we haven't used Bell Services in a really long time. We will be arriving sometime around 10:00am by plane, going right to the rental car (bypassing the counter), checking into the resort online, and heading directly to DHS to try for the 1pm BG for RotR. IF I have time to do so could I stop by the resort (ASMovies) Bell Services really fast and drop off our luggage so it does not sit in the car in the DHS parking lot? I assume I can but I want to be sure. I like to leave as little to chance as possible.

DisneyJoe

I have a question. We have been many times but we haven't used Bell Services in a really long time. We will be arriving sometime around 10:00am by plane, going right to the rental car (bypassing the counter), checking into the resort online, and heading directly to DHS to try for the 1pm BG for RotR. IF I have time to do so could I stop by the resort (ASMovies) Bell Services really fast and drop off our luggage so it does not sit in the car in the DHS parking lot? I assume I can but I want to be sure. I like to leave as little to chance as possible.
You can, assuming you have the time to do so.

G00fyDad

You can, assuming you have the time to do so.

Thank you. As long as the plane arrives on time, I can skip the car rental counter, and no traffic we should get to DHS by 12:00pm.

10:00am - Plane arrives at MCO
10:30am - At baggage claim getting luggage
10:50am - At rental car loading up and driving to garage exit
11:20am - Arrive at ASMovies for Bell Services
11:50am - Leave ASMovies for Bell Services for DHS
12:00pm - Arrive at DHS
12:15pm - Tap into DHS "turnstiles"

Tuvalu

May I suggest checking in online ASAP? You can put in your arrival time as 10 am and your room might even be ready when you arrive at the resort, enabling you to bypass Bell Services. You could then place your luggage directly into your room.

G00fyDad

May I suggest checking in online ASAP? You can put in your arrival time as 10 am and your room might even be ready when you arrive at the resort, enabling you to bypass Bell Services. You could then place your luggage directly into your room.

I will either have my son checking us in online on the way or I may even do it while we are in the air on the way there. The last several times we have gone to WDW our room has not been ready until after 1pm. And that was before COVID gutted the Mousekeeping staff.

DisneyJoe

I will either have my son checking us in online on the way or I may even do it while we are in the air on the way there. The last several times we have gone to WDW our room has not been ready until after 1pm. And that was before COVID gutted the Mousekeeping staff.
Why wait until then when you can do online checkin now?
I've had the "room ready" message sent to me before my flight from home to MCO took off.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom