Belated birthday question?

ys187

Hi, my daugther just turned 5 years old on Dec. 26. She wanted us to arrange a birthday party for her and invite her school friends. We told her that this year, Disney World was her big birthday celebration; that's why we'll leave the idea of birthday party until nesxt year. She's pretty happy with that.

We're visiting wdw jan. 10. and staying in poly. On our request, would they be able to throw a couple of baloons in the room or no need to ask (as the birthday would have past 2 weeks ago). It would be a great birthday surprise for her. I know they sometimes offer their birthday customers some extra, but I'm sure that would be if they had a birthday during that particular trip. Is it worth asking (I don't wanna sound cheap)?? Thanks.

darthjohnny

Hi, my daugther just turned 5 years old on Dec. 26. She wanted us to arrange a birthday party for her and invite her school friends. We told her that this year, Disney World was her big birthday celebration; that's why we'll leave the idea of birthday party until nesxt year. She's pretty happy with that.

We're visiting wdw jan. 10. and staying in poly. On our request, would they be able to throw a couple of baloons in the room or no need to ask (as the birthday would have past 2 weeks ago). It would be a great birthday surprise for her. I know they sometimes offer their birthday customers some extra, but I'm sure that would be if they had a birthday during that particular trip. Is it worth asking (I don't wanna sound cheap)?? Thanks.

I'm not completely sure if they do birthday balloons in the room, but I'm sure they can do something for your daughter.

It won't matter if the birthday has passed. You won't even have to tell them when it was. It's not as if they ask for photo I.D. They won't care, especially if this is her birthday party/gift.

Also, be sure to stop by Guest Relations to ask for a special "It's my birthday!" button pin when you go to a park and/or Downtown Disney. I know they used to have different pins for each park and Downtown Disney, but they might have changed them now so that they are all the same. But be sure to check!

Enjoy you trip! :) :xmas:

Upvote 0

Tinkrbell

Also, be sure to stop by Guest Relations to ask for a special "It's my birthday!" button pin when you go to a park and/or Downtown Disney. I know they used to have different pins for each park and Downtown Disney, but they might have changed them now so that they are all the same. But be sure to check!
I was there in October for my birthday & from what I saw the pins were all the same. Unless, of course, everyone got a pin from the Magic Kingdom & didn't get one from the other parks.

Upvote 0

hrmom26

hi
i have brought my kids to disney on there birthdays twice. you can have balloons and such put in the room by going to disneyflorist.com. also you can have a character call them and wish them a happy birthday. i had my daughters b-day at chef mickeys and they did a great job!!! make sure you mention it is a b-day when booking and also when you check in at the time of the dinner. they sang to her and made a big deal out of it she was very pleased. also they got a pin at every park that said it was there birthday( you get them at guest relations). they were told happy b-day by every CM they saw and also it was announced on the load speaker at one ride i can't remember witch one though. anyway i think you could also get a cake at the resort but i can't remember how. hope this helps and your daughter has a great day

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
As suggested, disneyflorist.com can have something delivered to your room. If you call [407-827-3505] they'll be able to give information on how it works.

Since rooms aren't normally assigned in advance of check-in, they may have some arrangement with the resorts to make sure your delivery gets to you.

If you've made any dining reservations, call and let them know you're celebrating your 5YO's birthday with this trip. They quite often go the extra mile if they can.

The good news is that Disney doesn't care when the "real" birthday is, they'll help celebrate while you're there! :sohappy:

I hope your daughter has a magical vacation! Take lots of pictures so we can see how it went! :D

Upvote 0

hrmom26

Was it during their 'birthday dates' or past??
Thanks
both. one child is on march 2 the other on march 4. i went the first time feb to march 3rd the next i was there on there b-days. i told everyone it was my sons b-day the day before we left the first time, it worked out great.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom