Behind the seeds?

Captain Hank

I used to be a tour guide for it. It's about an hour or so long, and most of the Guests seemed to really enjoy it. It's an in-depth look at what you see on the Living with the Land boat ride. You'll walk through the four show greenhouses and aquacell that you see from the boat, look into the Biotechnology lab and walk around one of the Entomology labs that isn't visible from the boat. Plus, you'll have an opportunity to try some of the produce grown at The Land (usually a cucumber slice).

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Hank hit it on the head. We did it in May since my dad has had a 3500+sqft garden for 25+ years now. They told us it would be an hour but ended up close to 90/110 minutes…. Uhh it wasn't our fault. :lookaroun

It was fully worth the money though. You learn several tips and tricks with herbology and how quite a bit of the stuff operated down there. Their methods for growing are amazing.

MonoManBlue

I did this tour a couple of years ago. It was a LOT of fun, especially for the price. I think our tour lasted around 1-1/2 hours and we got a great tour and learned how everything worked. Seeing the behind the Scenes stuff was very interesting. I 'may' have found it more interesting because I have a biology degree and studied all of the stuff they were talking about (although my career is in Forensic Science), but I think everyone, young or old, will enjoy this tour.

MissMorrow

I also did this tour many years ago as "research" for a science fair project on hydroponics. I definitely thought it was interesting and would do it again. Although, I haven't been on any other behind the scenes tours so I can't compare.

aeillill

I've done it a couple of times and have always really enjoyed it. I think it's only supposed to last 1 hour, but depending on how interactive you are with the tour guide It can last for another hour.

Huglife

Original Poster
Thanks everyone. I really enjoy Living with the Land and I was shocked the price was so low. It's rare you ever find a bargain at Disney.

Horizons1

Definately a great tour so it's something you should do. Ask to get Dustin. He has a great passion for his job, is super friendly, and made our tour very enjoyable. He really is one of the best, if not the best, tour guide in The Land.

NYwdwfan

How does the scheduling work? I did not see a time schedule on the website - is it based on when you are interested in taking the tour?

tink65

We did this tour back in 2009 and really enjoyed it. Our guide was very informative and energetic! There is a guide times posted where you check it at right near Soarin'. It will list the available times! (at least it did in '09)

Captain Hank

How does the scheduling work? I did not see a time schedule on the website - is it based on when you are interested in taking the tour?
Assuming things haven't changed since I was over there, it's usually every 45 minutes from 10:30-4:30. During peak time periods, additional tours may be added. Select times are available by calling 407-WDW-TOUR, but there is almost always plenty of walk-up availability.

NYwdwfan

Assuming things haven't changed since I was over there, it's usually every 45 minutes from 10:30-4:30. During peak time periods, additional tours may be added. Select times are available by calling 407-WDW-TOUR, but there is almost always plenty of walk-up availability.

Thanks - we are taking my parent's car to Legoland one day and my mom planned on doing laundry while we are gone. :brick: I thought this may be a wee bit more exciting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom