Behind the Scenes Tours

DisneyGal

I am an avid Disney fan and visit WDW quite frequently, at least once a year. The only thing that I can honestly say I haven't done yet are any of the behind the scenes tours. I was just wondering if anyone has been on any that they can recommend. Some friends say the Family Magic Tour is fun, but I am 22 and so is my boyfriend and we thought it might be something geared towards young children visiting with their families. I'd really appreciate any suggestions and recommendations. Thanks guys!!

The Mom

Premium Member
Actually, most tours do not allow small (under 12) children. I've never been able to take one because of this, but friends/relatives who have, said they enjoyed them.

Upvote 0

Seano846

We did the keys to the kingdom tour it was about 4-6 hrs and no kids under 16 were permitted.It was definately a major highlight of our trip I highly recommend it.

Attachments

• selfprtanim.gif
    selfprtanim.gif
    10.5 KB · Views: 189
Upvote 0

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by Seano846
We did the keys to the kingdom tour it was about 4-6 hrs and no kids under 16 were permitted.It was definately a major highlight of our trip I highly recommend it.

I would have to agree. Keys to the Kingdom is a staple for any Disney-Fanatic. Also, if you have some extra money & time, you might want to try the "Backstage Magic" tour which tours Magic Kingdom, Epcot, & MGM as well as some other visits (the RC Fire Dept, etc.) The downside is that it is $199 a person & 7 hours. I believe the Keys to the Kingdom is only 5 hours & $50 (I'm not positive about that price, though).

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
I suspect it may be a liability thing. Also, my children were (are) pretty well behaved, but still might get antsy on a tour. If you're paying that kind of money, who wants to deal with a whiney child? (either yours or someone else's)

Upvote 0

tigger1968

While there may be a liability issue, our guide told us that they don't want to ruin the magic of WDW for children, so they can't come on the backstage tours. In fact, as long as we were "onstage", he would not go into any detail on some behind the scenes things...he would wait until we were backstage to explain things, just in case a child walking nearby might hear him.

Upvote 0

WDW-Imagineer

My tour guide said it was because in the Utilidors, you see the decapitated (well...detached) heads of Disney characters.

Also, tigger is right... he wouldn't answer any questions regard behind the scenes info until we were "backstage"... I thought that was pretty neat. I think the reason they do that is because of what you said, the kids, and because somebody who isn't paying for the tour is getting inside information just because he's walking next to the group. Knowing Disney... the latter suggest is probably the more likely one.

Upvote 0

dwl145

:D Anyone who has gone on a behind the scenes tour, what attractions did they show you behind the scenes? Don't tell me any secrets just tell me what attractions were included in the tour. I would however really like to every secret about tower of terror.:)

Upvote 0

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by dwl145
:D Anyone who has gone on a behind the scenes tour, what attractions did they show you behind the scenes? Don't tell me any secrets just tell me what attractions were included in the tour. I would however really like to every secret about tower of terror.:)

On my Keys to the kingdom tour... we learned about Haunted Mansion and rode on it. We also got to see the external parts of Splash Mountain & Pirates of the Carribean (then look like warehouses). Although I think the Backstage Magic tour is the tour in which you see more of the actually working parts of the attractions.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom