Behind the scenes at Magic Kingdom?

Carling

I've been to DisneyWorld every year for the past six years and each time I go, I intend to find out if there is a way to "get behind the scenes" or go underneath the magic kingdom to see all the "workings"!!....I've seen pictures of part of the underneath on the cd-rom that was marketed by Disney a few years ago - Does anyone have any more info??....I have a trip planned for June 2002, and would love to go underneath so to speak!

djmatthews

Theres a tour you can do at MK called "Keys to the Kingdom". It takes you behind the scenes of MK, to the parade storage area and into the Utilidors (tunnels under the park) amongst other activities. I (regretably) have never done the tour but there is often a lot of great feedback about it on these forums. Try search the threads for past dicussions. I'm sure other members will be able to give you more sepcific detailed information.

Upvote 0

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
if you MUST go in the tunnel, take the Keys to the Kingdom tour. With security as tight as it is, most non-CM's caught down there by security will get booted from the park

Upvote 0

pixiedust32

I've been in the Utilidoors and I think I would rather spend time time enjoying the Magic up top so to speak - also look for the EPCOT World Showcase tours - they explalin the architecture and some backstage info on each of the pavillions -
Much better than seeing color coded tunnels!!

Upvote 0

wyattkelly

Originally posted by PuertoRekinSam
Here is what you are missing. A cafateria. some cast member bathrooms, a computer lab, and a place to get your hair cut.

and an unplesent odor

Oh, god yes. That smell. THAT SMELL! I remember that smell. It haunts my dreams. There is nothing that can explain it, nothing that can prepare you for it. It's beyond evil.
Frankly, the Utilidors are not that interesting. I spent most of my time in there moving as quickly as possible to get out. But if you have to know the inner workings of Disney, this is a good place to start. And it's always amusing seeing the face characters (Cinderella, Ariel, Aladdin, etc) walking around with their hair perfect, wearing sweats and t-shirts.

Upvote 0

cm1988

Originally posted by Carling
...a way to "get behind the scenes" or go underneath the magic kingdom to see all the "workings"
This link is a guest trip report on Keys to the Kingdom. And here's a quite extensive report on Backstage Magic.

If you'll be staying at a WDW resort in June, your travel agent can book the tour for you, or you can book online or through a call to the U.S.--- (1-407-W-DISNEY) . You may even wish to consider a package which includes a tour feature.

I do understand your curiosity about the behind-the-scenes stuff. Had to see all of that myself. Of all of it, the most interesting may be Central Shops, a scheduled stop of Backstage magic... if you like seeing how things are built, as well as how they work. Wishing you a great holiday, whatever your plans!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom