Behind the Magic

AllStarMovies

Original Poster
Hey all!

Brief question to kick start this tread:

Could a Disney employee, or CP who typically works in another park enter the utilidors? Or would they have to be working in the Magic Kingdom to be allowed in?

It would make since to believe that the Magic Kingdom's backstage areas would only be accessible by on-the-clock Magic Kingdom employees. However I ask because there seems to be various cast amenities available down there. Would an off duty employee from another park be allowed in?

Any and all conversation regarding backstage Disney is welcome

Last edited:

AVGuy

What amenities do you speak of? I don't think MK has special cast service that other parks are lacking. The only difference is that MK's cast resources are largely underground. The Utilidors are cool and all, but it's just an overly hyped service corridor.

Journey_On

Any cast member can enter the utilidors, as long as they have their ID displayed.

One of the reasons why a non-MK cast member would want to do so is if they wanted to get a haircut at Kingdom Kutters. :)

AVGuy

It's a pretty big hassle to get into MK with the parking/shuttle. I've just never found a reason to enter backstage areas at MK outside of business need. Maybe I'm weird.

AllStarMovies

Original Poster
What amenities do you speak of? I don't think MK has special cast service that other parks are lacking. The only difference is that MK's cast resources are largely underground. The Utilidors are cool and all, but it's just an overly hyped service corridor.

The question may have been kind of foolish, perhaps a better starter question would have been "WHAT amenities are available in the utilidors?"

I was asking based on the assumption that the tunnels serve as a service location for cast members.

And as for them being over-hyped, I can entirely believe that. I've never worked a job where the "employees only" locations were anything exciting -certainly not a destination within themselves. I would just love to see them sooner or later, and couldn't figure out if I'd be allowed to or not. Many thanks for the response!

Any cast member can enter the utilidors, as long as they have their ID displayed.

One of the reasons why a non-MK cast member would want to do so is if they wanted to get a haircut at Kingdom Kutters. :)

And thank you for the answer as well!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom