Pre-Trip Bee's Big Birthday!

Intro

For those who don't know me, I'm Bee, an opera-singing, Epcot-loving, ex-Floridian now living in New Jersey just outside of New York City. My wife M and I both grew up going to Walt Disney World and carried our love of Disney into adulthood. We buy WDW Annual Passes every other year and take 3-4 trips during the "on" years, and we often meet up with her parents in Florida since they live a couple hours away from Disney.

I am turning 30 this year and I've been trying to figure out the best way to celebrate. 2018-2019 is an "off" year for WDW so that's not an option. My birthday is also very close to Christmas so most destinations are extra expensive and crowded when I want to travel.

Our close friend S is married to a US Naval officer, and they're currently living in Japan where he is stationed for the next few years. She is enjoying it but she's understandably lonely and wants as many American friends to come visit as possible. They also happen to have a three bedroom house for just the two of them where guests can stay for free.

Put all of this together, plus the fact that M has a decent chunk of paid vacation around Christmas, and you get:

A BIRTHDAY TRIP TO JAPAN!!!

Obviously there will be Disney park visits, but there will be much more! I'll post more specifics later, but the countdown has begun and we're already in double digits! If you have travel tips for visiting Japan in general or the Tokyo parks specifically, please post them! We have both traveled overseas but never to Asia so we'll take any advice we can get! :D

bee

Original Poster
The airport hotel was FANTASTIC. There was a little dramma this morning (it involved illness and losing something important) but all is well now. Full drammatic story in the TR!

We just met up with S and J and we are having some udon before taking the train to Kyoto. 😄

MinnieM123

Premium Member
The airport hotel was FANTASTIC. There was a little dramma this morning (it involved illness and losing something important) but all is well now. Full drammatic story in the TR!

We just met up with S and J and we are having some udon before taking the train to Kyoto. 😄

Glad you made it there safely and are enjoying the trip (except for the little drama, which I'm waiting to read about) ;)

bee

Original Poster
Meri Kurisumasu (Merry Christmas) to all who celebrate! We are having a beyond amazing time here in Japan and I can’t think of a better way to spend the holidays.
A8BFC626-75EC-498F-B6D3-6ADF7528B9CB.jpeg
93B9AA14-7DDF-463F-9D78-A96774EC5B21.jpeg
A6E144D5-5D45-45F7-BA33-8F7CAB715AC0.jpeg
D486ACE6-38D9-4480-8FA4-A6DC4C9275F6.jpeg

bee

Original Poster
We are on the plane from Fukuoka to Tokyo! It has free WiFi!

We only have two days until Disney! While it’s exciting on one hand, on the other hand it means we only have five days until we return home. 😕

Wishing all of my WDWMAGIC friends a happy new year!! Because of the time difference I’ll be celebrating 14 hours before the ball drops in Times Square. Then I’ll probably celebrate again at 2pm New Year’s Day. 😄

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

We only have two days until Disney! While it’s exciting on one hand, on the other hand it means we only have five days until we return home. 😕

Wishing all of my WDWMAGIC friends a happy new year!! Because of the time difference I’ll be celebrating 14 hours before the ball drops in Times Square. Then I’ll probably celebrate again at 2pm New Year’s Day. 😄

Happy New Year to you! Enjoy all your time over there!:)

MinnieM123

Premium Member

HAPPY NEW YEAR, bee!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom