becoming a cast member

The MadHatter

Original Poster
im not sure if im posting this in the right place but here it goes,

i want to become a cast member at wdw and im a little unclear about how the whole signing up works. i am currently in my third year of a five year architecture program in ny so i would only be able to work from may 1 to the end of august. i have been to there website and signed up for the email list.

anyway if there are any ex castmembers that can fill me in on the different programs i would appreciate a little guidance.

thanks all

The MadHatter

Original Poster
whatever i can get. since i am in the process of becoming a liscenced architect
i guess the professional internship.

Pioneer Hall

whatever i can get. since i am in the process of becoming a liscenced architect
i guess the professional internship.

There are professional internships available, but they are highly competitive and usually last a semester. You won't find much outside of just regular in the park seasonal work (if even that is available) for just the summer months.

mastif

There are professional internships available, but they are highly competitive and usually last a semester. You won't find much outside of just regular in the park seasonal work (if even that is available) for just the summer months.

Also, certain PI's are only available to alumni of the College Program

RyanS

Honestly, as an alumni I would say look for something else. Your not going to further any architectural skills by doing the college program (maybe public speaking, but that's about it) and I don't think there are professional internships that would be very useful for you. If you really want to be a cast member, I would suggest starting your career as an architect in Central Florida and when Disney begins hiring seasonally again, apply for a seasonal role so you can set your own work availability.

The MadHatter

Original Poster
Honestly, as an alumni I would say look for something else. Your not going to further any architectural skills by doing the college program (maybe public speaking, but that's about it) and I don't think there are professional internships that would be very useful for you. If you really want to be a cast member, I would suggest starting your career as an architect in Central Florida and when Disney begins hiring seasonally again, apply for a seasonal role so you can set your own work availability.

Thanks for the input...i knew it was a shot in the dark. i might just take a semester off too work down there. im only 21 and in no real rush. i kind of just want to experience of working there and was thinking it would be great if there was some sort of program.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom