??????????Becoming a cast member??????????

WDW/SFOG_freak

Original Poster
I know that this has probly been asked before.... either that, or its such a dumb question that it is just common knoledge...but...

Do you have to be an "Actor/Actress" to work as a cast member at the parks? (i.e. the guys that walk around in the Cat-in-the-hat costumes, the Spiderman Costumes, etc.) :confused:

The_CEO

Im sure they traine the employes how to act etc. So i would say no. BUt im sure they do auditions and stuff for those kinda things.

WDW/SFOG_freak

Original Poster
So, It is like this... all you have to do is go and see about getting hiered there and then get the "script" from them, go home, learn it, come back, and audition.... then hired / then not hired....

or is it something else... I'm looking to become one someday, like after I turn 18 (I'd have to be old enough to actually move down there and get a place of residency...)...
:confused: :brick:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I'll put it one way..

Disney hires dancers and lookalikes,

Universal hires singers and actors.

You have to have a 1 minute comic monologue (unless you're auditioning to be a costumed character), prepared in character. From there they tell you to stay or 'bye'. From there, they will go to either improv games, or to a dance routine, depending on what they want you for.

Katherine

Can you just work down there for like a summer? or do you have to work there for a full year? I think it would be cool to spend a summer down in WDW working.

mkt

Premium Member
you sure can... one thing though, for entertainment, the training process can take some time (not that it's a long training, but getting the actual training scheduled). My friend who works with me there now, was approved to be trained in an Acting role in May... he's not getting trained until September

mkt

Premium Member
ack, at WDW you mean...

yeah, you can work there for a summer as well. The training nightmare doesn't exist there though.. they have 2-3 training groups like every week.

james4023464

if you want to be a cast member, and you are in your college years you can do th wdw college program. Where you can do a 6 month stay or a year stay. My brother is doing it right now he loves it. You start off small but as you stay longer or come back for the 2nd time you will get a better job. Like my brother is tigger right now, and he used to do the pre show for honey I shrunk the audience. It is a really good program.

mkt

Premium Member
good luck..

UK international program doesn't allow that due to visa restrictions. You'd have to do it on your own dime and you still have a chance of not getting anything.

woofboy111

Here's something that I found from www.hauntfreaks.com about auditioning to be a monster in Halloween Horror Nights:

Ever wonder just how one goes about getting a job at Halloween Horror Nights? We did too, so we did a little snooping.
The “hopeful” candidate scrambles around to find a good headshot in the days prior to the audition.
They enter the room where they meet the directors and are given the motivation behind the various areas they are casting. (On a side note, David Clevenger, Creative Director for the original “Terror on Church Street” has been brought on board for the special effects in the mazes this year.) Word has it that the directors in charge of the mazes and scare zones are looking to go beyond the easy scare of rubber masks and loud noises, and that more effort will be put into the theme and “direction” of the scare areas.
Look to the skies above you or you just may miss some of the action, as we hear that the rooftops are not off limits this year. Toon Lagoon will be crawling with “Tweaks and Foons” who will travel in pairs, if one presents a balloon to you, beware, another may be lurking nearby with a pin!!
With motivation like this, how could the cast hopefuls NOT be psyched? (Sounds like a great deal of fun to us!!)
Seated in the audition room in two rows of 5, the rows facing each other, they began the first of three parts to the audition. They wanted to hear your best yell or scream. A good way to start off as this part always tends to boost the energy of the room!
Next…. Movement to eerie music. Each group of 5 was asked to move in a scary or evil manner to the music that was played. Might sound easy, but think about it, have you ever been to one of those really bad haunts where they just kind of “stroll” up to you? Not very effective.
For the final part of the audition, one cast hopeful is picked to be the victim leaving the others to try to scare them, one at a time.
Word has it that the energy of the auditions was amazing and we look forward to an event staffed with the best Universal has to offer. Good Luck everyone.

Legacy

Okay.... let me clarrify some of that audition information...

1) A head shot isnt needed. I didnt have one, and no one in my group did either. That is typical for most entertainment auditions, but for this it's not because so many amaturs audition :wave: .

2) Not every audition is the same, and all I have heard about are two part auditions. My audition for one didn't have the scream thing. It was a 'choose how you want to die and act it out'. The other part was the scare somebody thing. The thing is is that everybody got a chance to be scared. I was the unlucky soul who got to go twice. :lookaroun . I was the only one who had to get scared more then once. I had also heard about having to walk like a Velociraptor and heard about that sneeking thing.

And the best is is that all but one person in my group of 14 got casted. We had a good time.

mkt

Premium Member
Re: Yea, but no...

Originally posted by SG4779
ok, all these posts have not helped me SO HERE is what should be asked...ok 1st, I already know where the interview is, and how to apply...2nd WHERE DO YOU GET TO AUDITION TO BE AN ENTERTAINER, MORE SPECIFICLY a SINGER? (NOT A character...ETC.!!!) PLEASE someone give me some INFO I NEED!!!

first off, DON'T SCREAM... you won't get any help from me, and when it comes to Universal entertainment, I'm probably the only person on the board that can help you...

second, nobody in Orlando does auditions on a walk-in basis. They are announced on the Universal Orlando audition hotline (407-224-7622) and in the Florida Blue Sheet.

The next auditions probably won't be till after Thanksgiving, and even then, they will only be hiring in limited numbers.

mkt

Premium Member
Re: Re: Re: Yea, but no...

Ok hi, 1st off > THIS IS NOT SCREAMING, THIS IS GETTING A POINT ACROSS < 2nd, sorry if you think that was a scream.:eek: 3rd...if you can help me please send me an e-mail...ttyl

1-ok..
2-apology accepted
3-what type of help do you mean?

mkt

Premium Member
Re: hey ok...

:lol: lol!

Hey, yea ok...I am applying for the WDW college program, and I wanna know HOW you APPLY to sing/entertain at one of there parks...? I know you have an Interview but is that it??? do you say something to them about singing??? Please help me! I have AIM if you'd like to PM your SN to me. ttyL! thanks:slurp:

there are no singers in the college program. NONE

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom