Beauty and the Beast Snack Cart

ToTBellHop

while I'm excited about this, something about the pictures scares me...

winter coats and hats! Eeek! Such bizarre weather this month...

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Add this to the list of things I never thought I'd be excited about

Mounds of dirt
trees showing up overnight behind a wall
a ride queue (and really, homerun by Disney on the Pooh queue)
HVAC units installed on a building
a snack cart

Pioneer Hall

In just the few small things we have seen thus far (Pooh Queue, Thatched Roofs, and this cart), I am very encouraged in the direction of this project. It really seems that Disney is getting back into theming their projects as they once did and are not nickle and dining as they normally would.

bradk

For me, this pretty much started with The Pirates League. If you've never taken a peek inside it, you're in for a serious treat.

I think Alex Caruthers, the art director for MK, deserves a huge amount of credit for the direction new elements have taken. Disneyland's magic can be translated into a larger environment without having to consider function way over form.

My only fear is that the new additions will be so good that they'll outshine the rest of the park and put a spotlight on just how unimpressive the existing Fantasyland and Toontown Fair is/were.

Testtrack321

I agree with Pirates League. I was shown around the area and some "secrets" were pointed out to me, only if movie fans knew what was in there....

I'd hardly say one OVC is a sign of a whole land, but it's a nice little gem and a hint of what's to come.

bradk

part of me wants to agree with you, but the larger part of me says well, if this level of detail is being paid to something as blase as a snack cart, imagine what they're doing with the things people are paying to see.

but it's not just about the one cart, it's about the overall mentality that I think Alex and WDI are bringing to the table lately. Maybe especially since they poached Scott Trowbridge (but I'm speaking out of turn here) where there's a new attention level paid to interactivity, detail and replay value.

Monsters Inc for example has some of the best theming for a pre-show area than perhaps any other attraction I can think of offhand (not so much queue, but just a loading area). And I have little doubt that had the same attraction been created a decade before, it would be little more than a big room with empty walls, completely utilitarian.

Which is what I was really driving towards. MK's layout is more function than anything else. How to get mobs of people from one place to another, just create a wide path with attractions on either side, only distinguishable by flat signs on their flat facades.

Still overall better than most other theme park experiences, but not for its design.

Sadly I see people already calling this sign of what's to come as a response to Harry Potter, but the truth is I think this was brewing long before HP came along and really should have been there 40 years ago because it's really not much more than an extension of what Disneyland already had.

but I digress.

Tom

Beta Return
I wonder if this permit from August 10 was referring to this snack cart:

FLE: Be Our Guest Cart 1

Regardless, I agree that if things like this cart and the Pooh queue are signs of what to expect in the FLE, we're in for some serious eye candy. Back to the good ol days of Disney.

Unless they stand up a black light pole in the middle of everything.

inluvwithbeast

Mounds of dirt
a snack cart

We can't forget all the stir and tizzy over some rebar. Or what was interpreted as rebar. Haha.

RSoxNo1

Apparently there will be snack carts for all of the new sections of Fantasyland that will offer guests a sneak preview of what's to come.

The next one should be themed around The Little Mermaid.

raven

It would be cool if it was a crazy pop-corn machine.

You mean like this?

popcorn.jpg

:animwink:

S

stphnbogert

Yay thanks Raven!!! Put up some more pics!!! =) Or you can email them to me....stphnbogert@gmail.com. lol.

BoardwalkGlenn

Mounds of dirt
a snack cart

LOL....I never thought I could get so excited over a list like that. Who knew?!?!:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom