Beauty and the Beast Live possible replacement?

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
Fun fact: Been going to the park for years...never seen it. Saw it this trip for my first time ever with my friends. This was the first time they have been exposed to Beauty and the Beast.

...the way I described this show is watching Beauty and the Beast on ultra fast forward. Lots of stuff that’s important is just glossed over. It also really REALLY needs an update.
I agree. It was a pretty good show but it's run it's course in my opinion.

*Cinderelly*

In the Parks
No
First of I am going to say the show is beyond its glory days. Now that being said it still seems to get a pretty decent crowd. They still need to put something fresh in this theater. Something fresh with a Tangled theme or Princess and the Frog to go along the movie concept would be fine or they could go off as some have mentioned the successes of other theme park shows. I am more for developing something original, but if it works than it is all good.

thomas998

I vote to bring the Aladdin show from Disneyland over to HS. It's perfect (and timeless) for the stage. And the Genie is absolutely hilarious.
Was never a great fan of Aladdin, also not sure it would be as easily transferred to the outdoor stage. Some aspects of a show rely on being able to control lighting much more than you can with an out door theater where shows are done in the daylight.

Frankly I doubt they will change it anytime soon. At most I might expect them to enhance it a bit with some of the tech from the Beauty and the Beast cruise show version. Though frankly I would prefer they just leave it as it is. Sure it's old, but it still draws in people so why waste money changing it when money could used for other things in more need like refurbishing any number of rides that are getting as run down as the ones you see in a traveling carnival.

thomas998

First of I am going to say the show is beyond its glory days. Now that being said it still seems to get a pretty decent crowd. They still need to put something fresh in this theater. Something fresh with a Tangled theme or Princess and the Frog to go along the movie concept would be fine or they could go off as some have mentioned the successes of other theme park shows. I am more for developing something original, but if it works than it is all good.
If they must replace it, then it needs to be replaced with something from an equally successful movie. Tangled and Princess and the Frog just weren't that big of a hit to deserve a show. Maleficent would be a better option and would fit better in Studios because it isn't the same syrupy Princess movie you get with a Tangled or Frog.

*Cinderelly*

In the Parks
No
If they must replace it, then it needs to be replaced with something from an equally successful movie. Tangled and Princess and the Frog just weren't that big of a hit to deserve a show. Maleficent would be a better option and would fit better in Studios because it isn't the same syrupy Princess movie you get with a Tangled or Frog.
I would be onboard for Maleficent.

thomas998

And I care why???
Probably the same reason you decided to tell the world how funny you thought the Genie was. Now if you don't care what others think then maybe you should consider that that is probably how many feel about what you want to tell the world.

In the end it is a forum where people give opinions and thoughts... Or did you think it was just a place where only your thoughts mattered... which would be kind of narcissistic if you think about it.... So I don't know whether you care or not.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
You did quote my comment, were also being a jerk, and apparently trying to pick a fight... so at the very least learn to tell the truth.
Bro what? You replied first. I said “I like The Aladdin show” and you replied with “I dont like Aladdin”. Like. Okay? Was that necessary? That’s no fun. Let people have fun.

People on these boards man.

thomas998

Bro what? You replied first. I said “I like The Aladdin show” and you replied with “I dont like Aladdin”. Like. Okay? Was that necessary? That’s no fun. Let people have fun.

People on these boards man.
You did quote me in the same post which said, " lol, I wasnt being a jerk though. 😂 No quotes or anything. You were just picking a fight. But go off. "... Don't lie about what you did or didn't do... You quoted someone while saying "No quotes or anything." Sorry but be honest about it.

*Cinderelly*

In the Parks
No
I do think we can all agree that the show needs to go and is old and needs something more refreshing. I really don't care what show it is or what movie(if they choose that route). I just want something with upgraded sets, costumes, show stopping songs, and story line. I think if they put something like that together regardless what popular Disney Brand they use it will work.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
You did quote me in the same post which said, " lol, I wasnt being a jerk though. 😂 No quotes or anything. You were just picking a fight. But go off. "... Don't lie about what you did or didn't do... You quoted someone while saying "No quotes or anything." Sorry but be honest about it.
I have NO idea what you’re talking about.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom