Beastly Kingdom

Pioneer Hall

I don't see Camp Minnie Mickey going away. The need the land for the Kids like Kyle said. I don't think that the dragon makes a difference, they probably won't use it, because it was there for the discovery River Boat ride. So look for beastly kingdom to be just North of CMM.

Bdis86

Account Suspended
Chester's and Hester's along with the boneyard makes up a kiddieland. Put some characters there and... ta da. No more Camp Minnie-Mickey!

NowInc

Originally posted by Bdis86
Chester's and Hester's along with the boneyard makes up a kiddieland. Put some characters there and... ta da. No more Camp Minnie-Mickey!

Lets not forget Din-o-rama.....

Goofster

Originally posted by NowInc
Thanks BDis for explaining the dragonhead stuff for me...I was tied up in a message loop on another forum and was unable to get here to explain ;)

All i Know bout Beastly Kingdom has been said already...there isnt MUCH to tell..other than they are going to make it very fantasy like....

Fantasy-like is good, I'd rather have a fantasy dragon ride/land than a serious Reign of Fire dragon ride/land.

NowInc

Originally posted by Goofster

Fantasy-like is good, I'd rather have a fantasy dragon ride/land than a serious Reign of Fire dragon ride/land.

Yeah...I agree...I think thats the element that AK needs.. With the exception of Dinorama...there isnt many "fun/fantasy" elements in the park...

ToTBellHop

we can't call DinoRama a kiddie area...I don't know WHAT we can call it...48 inch height requirements are not conducive to kiddies...anyway, my point was the last thing Animal Kingdom needs to be doing is taking down attractions. It needs to be expanding. That's what made Discovery River Boats closing so stupid. "Let's take a park with too few attractions and close one." We already know there is TONS of room at Animal Kingdom for expansion, so I see no reason to tear down existing areas.

tenchu

I thought the discovery river boats was good, i dunno why they bothered closing it. I think it would be even better now seeing as they've built on asia etc. so there would be far more to see down that end of the ride.

TURKEY

Originally posted by tenchu
I thought the discovery river boats was good, i dunno why they bothered closing it. I think it would be even better now seeing as they've built on asia etc. so there would be far more to see down that end of the ride.

I never got to do the Boats. What all did it involve? Was it a Jungle Cruise with real animals?

tenchu

I did it back in 98 so its a bit hard to remember, but it was kinda like that and i think there were cm's on board with spiders and stuff to show the kids etc.i remember the 'primevil' bit bit the bubbling swamps etc. I think thats just down from the bridge that crosses over it into africa. I could be very wrong though.

BAM

All I remember of the ride is we stood in a 90 minute line to get on the boat tour ride. They got you on the ride and showed a tirantula spider around and talked about the hairs on his legs. They had what looked like a blow-up balloon dinosaur near Dinoland USA and called him Iggy. Then went past like a cave that supposedly had a dragon in, but I never saw it. Then we went past Asia where there were dragon like fountains that were dumb looking. And that's about all I remember other than going around in a boat wasting time. Very dumb.

We vowed never to ride it again and we couldn't see why other people would wait 90 minutes to ride it. I heard one family say they liked it. Maybe they saw the dragon. We thought the ride was a dumb.

BAM

Has anyone talked to Castmembers at AK lately to find out what's the latest on Beastly Kingdom. What did they say????

NowInc

The boat ride was going to be MUCH better once the lands were all done...but alas..it didnt last that long..

The dragon ROCKED....if you saw it working...

Pioneer Hall

The boats should have been a tour/transport through AK. They could have added a little them to it like the AK Travel Group. You would get on at a point and the AK travelers would take you throught he park and would tell you about all the different places you can go and what you can do there. And there would be effects for the lands to make you want to go there.

Rider

All the people talking about new rides at AK.

They forget what the park was ment to be... a zoo.

As much as the comercials at Disney say otherwise: "NatAzu".:lol:

Pioneer Hall

Animal Kingdom was not meant to be a zoo. If they wanted just a zoo they wouldn't have opened the park, they just would have had Discovery Island Stay open.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom