Beaches & Cream Dessert Advice

Which dessert should I get?

• Total voters

Hcalvert

Original Poster
Hi. I am going to B&C my first night at Disney (about 6 nights from now), and I am having a problem picking which souvenir milkshake or other dessert to get. I've just lost 50 pounds in the last six months and am looking for a celebratory dessert. I have not been to B&C since I graduated from college in 2004, so I have no idea about these shakes. Back in 2004, I did try the No Way Jose, which looked different from the pictures I am seeing of it today. Below are pictures and descriptions (from the Disney website) of each of the milkshakes and desserts I am considering. I am particularly interested in others' comments who have tried these delicious-looking shakes and desserts. Thanks for your advice.

59267301_10220044056831902_451325737673162752_o.jpg

Chocolate Brownie Milk Shake
Chocolate Milk Shake with an Ooey-gooey Brownie, Whipped Cream, and Chocolate shavings served in a souvenir cup

Mickey Confetti Milk Shake
Vanilla Milk Shake, Whipped Cream, and Rainbow Sprinkles topped with a Rainbow Confetti Cupcake and served in a souvenir cup

Strawberry Minnie Milk Shake
Strawberry Milk Shake, Raspberry Sauce, and Whipped Cream topped with a Chocolate-Strawberry Minnie Cupcake and served in a souvenir cup

bzfo1yk8rfcy.jpg

No Way José
A Peanut Butter and Hot Fudge delight featuring Chocolate and Vanilla Ice Cream, Peanut Butter and Chocolate Morsels, Whipped Cream, and a Cherry

Beaches7.jpg

Classic Banana Split
A ripe Banana, Three-scoops of Ice Cream (Vanilla, Chocolate, and Strawberry), Pineapple, Strawberry, and Marshmallow Topping finished off with Hot Fudge, Caramel, Toasted Almonds, Whipped Cream, and a Cherry

Last edited:

Kevin_W

Congrats on the weight loss! That's a great milestone.

The fancy shakes don't do much for me and I love peanut butter, so I'd go with the No Way Jose of your choices. Are you going by yourself? If not, I vote for the Chocolate Lover's Kitchen Sink!

Hcalvert

Original Poster
Congrats on the weight loss! That's a great milestone.

The fancy shakes don't do much for me and I love peanut butter, so I'd go with the No Way Jose of your choices. Are you going by yourself? If not, I vote for the Chocolate Lover's Kitchen Sink!
My husband, who has lost 90 pounds, and my son will be going with me. I am worried about tackling the kitchen sink as my husband and I have substantially laid off of the sweets since January. I thought with the milkshakes, I could give my son the brownie or the cupcake and I just have the shake. What is appealing to me is the souvenir container they come with. Do you know if the mini kitchen sink can be ordered or is that just for to go orders?

Hockey89

Hi. I am going to B&C my first night at Disney (about 6 nights from now), and I am having a problem picking which souvenir milkshake or other dessert to get. I've just lost 50 pounds in the last six months and am looking for a celebratory dessert. I have not been to B&C since I graduated from college in 2004, so I have no idea about these shakes. Back in 2004, I did try the No Way Jose, which looked different from the pictures I am seeing of it today. Below are pictures and descriptions (from the Disney website) of each of the milkshakes and desserts I am considering. I am particularly interested in others' comments who have tried these delicious-looking shakes and desserts. Thanks for your advice.

View attachment 385661

Chocolate Brownie Milk Shake
Chocolate Milk Shake with an Ooey-gooey Brownie, Whipped Cream, and Chocolate shavings served in a souvenir cup

Mickey Confetti Milk Shake
Vanilla Milk Shake, Whipped Cream, and Rainbow Sprinkles topped with a Rainbow Confetti Cupcake and served in a souvenir cup

Strawberry Minnie Milk Shake
Strawberry Milk Shake, Raspberry Sauce, and Whipped Cream topped with a Chocolate-Strawberry Minnie Cupcake and served in a souvenir cup

View attachment 385669

No Way José
A Peanut Butter and Hot Fudge delight featuring Chocolate and Vanilla Ice Cream, Peanut Butter and Chocolate Morsels, Whipped Cream, and a Cherry

View attachment 385670

Classic Banana Split
A ripe Banana, Three-scoops of Ice Cream (Vanilla, Chocolate, and Strawberry), Pineapple, Strawberry, and Marshmallow Topping finished off with Hot Fudge, Caramel, Toasted Almonds, Whipped Cream, and a Cherry
Congrats on the weight loss!!! I'd go with brownie but that's just me

correcaminos

I vote other too - Ample Hills.

Out of those choices No Way Jose isn't bad. It's just Edy's ice cream though and not very good ice cream IMO. Quite bland and icy really. Congrats on the weight loss though!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
It is and normal size portions.... Great call on this guys
Yep Ample Hill has the bases covered. You can go with a sensible size, or spit a sampler, or if you want to go all out they have sundaes. It is house made ice cream, whereas I believe Beaches and Cream still uses a store-type ice cream from Edys.

Minthorne

bee

I enjoyed the No Way Jose, and wasn't impressed with any of the flavors I tried at Ample Hills. My favorite ice cream in that area is the Fountain at the Dolphin. There is a table service area as well as a quick service ice cream counter. My favorite flavor there is caramel cappuccino.

Kevin_W

Yep Ample Hill has the bases covered. You can go with a sensible size, or spit a sampler, or if you want to go all out they have sundaes. It is house made ice cream, whereas I believe Beaches and Cream still uses a store-type ice cream from Edys.

Indeed, the ice cream is far better here (house-made vs. Edys). That's why I recommended the Chocolate Kitchen Sink - the experience is fun (and Edy's ice cream is still decent).

I'd just warn that the sundaes are still pretty large! I ate one by myself and it hurt almost as much as 1/3 of a Kitchen sink. :)

Hcalvert

Original Poster
Hi. An update...

We went yesterday. I was going to get the No Way Jose, but just wasn't hungry enough after my sandwich. My husband and I ended up splitting a banana split, which was good.

Amidala

Seconding that Ample Hills is fantastic. And right across the way, on the Boardwalk side. There's more variety with the flavors and toppings there, so if you want to try something really unique and a bit more indulgent, definitely check out AH. But if you just want the experience of Beaches & Cream, the No Way Jose is good. Or like others have said, if you have a few people with you ask them to split the Kitchen Sink. They sound the sirens when they bring it out and it's just a super fun bonding experience IMO. You don't have to finish the whole thing if you don't want to, but to get every flavor & topping & sauce for $15 or so is actually a pretty good deal split between friends, and then you can try a little of everything and decide for yourself what your favorites are.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom