Beaches and Cream!

miggymouz

Original Poster
We are staying at Yacht and Beach Club this May, but we aren't sure how to make a reservation for beaches and cream! I've heard so many good things about it, but whenever we go to plan our reservations, Beaches and Cream doesn't come up. Are they all out of reservations, or am I doing it wrong?

LeighM

Beaches and Cream is in a very small space so they only have limited reservations available. The same thing happened to us for a few trips until I was able to snag one up last minute. If they aren't closed for refurbishment, keep checking closer to your trip. Times will open back up.

aliceismad

With a place so small, and ADRs opening 180 days out, they’re unlikely to have reservations. I booked Beaches and Cream for May several weeks ago and even then I couldn’t get anything but a mid afternoon time.

correcaminos

You have a better chance if you go with a smaller group too. Do check out Touring Plans. You can use the reservation finder for free. That said if you want a similar feel with slightly better food and ice cream check out The Fountain at the Dolphin. Also for excellent non Edy's ice cream, Ample Hills at the Boardwalk.

B&C is hard to get and is expanding later this year. Truthfully if you miss out, I think there are great options nearby anyway :)

nickys

Premium Member
You have a better chance if you go with a smaller group too. Do check out Touring Plans. You can use the reservation finder for free. That said if you want a similar feel with slightly better food and ice cream check out The Fountain at the Dolphin. Also for excellent non Edy's ice cream, Ample Hills at the Boardwalk.

B&C is hard to get and is expanding later this year. Truthfully if you miss out, I think there are great options nearby anyway :)

All true.

However for us, as UKers, we find B&C is a must for us. There’s something really appealing about it as a stereotypical American Diner, seen in every TV show ever made about the US. Juke box - tick, the seating booths - tick, huge milkshakes etc - tick, old fashioned costuming - tick. We just love the atmosphere there.

And the kitchen sink is something else. We tried it ourselves once, hardly made any headway into finishing it. But we love the whole ritual whenever anyone orders it, the whole place gets involved. :D

JillC LI

If you can't get a reservation, you can still order certain ice cream treats and shakes at the take out window.

correcaminos

All true.

However for us, as UKers, we find B&C is a must for us. There’s something really appealing about it as a stereotypical American Diner, seen in every TV show ever made about the US. Juke box - tick, the seating booths - tick, huge milkshakes etc - tick, old fashioned costuming - tick. We just love the atmosphere there.

And the kitchen sink is something else. We tried it ourselves once, hardly made any headway into finishing it. But we love the whole ritual whenever anyone orders it, the whole place gets involved. :D
I sorta get it. People here even love Steak n Shake or a slowly closing Johnny Rockets. We would to B&C now and then, but after the last time I don't trust them with my onion issue. Darn chef came out to clarify if I could have fries only to put green onions on everything. Ugh. I think if we want the feel, 50s primetime is better. Shakes at WCC were good too.

Sadly, I think the kitchen sink looks gross. Too many flavors mixed together for me I think, so I won't eat it. I'm just sorta spoiled locally with good ice cream for much else :(

nickys

Premium Member
I sorta get it. People here even love Steak n Shake or a slowly closing Johnny Rockets. We would to B&C now and then, but after the last time I don't trust them with my onion issue. Darn chef came out to clarify if I could have fries only to put green onions on everything. Ugh. I think if we want the feel, 50s primetime is better. Shakes at WCC were good too.

Sadly, I think the kitchen sink looks gross. Too many flavors mixed together for me I think, so I won't eat it. I'm just sorta spoiled locally with good ice cream for much else :(

Yeah, I’m like that about the kitchen sink. Unlikely to do it again, but it was fun to do once. Colossal waste of money, obviously! :D

correcaminos

Yeah, I’m like that about the kitchen sink. Unlikely to do it again, but it was fun to do once. Colossal waste of money, obviously! :D
It is fun to see I will say. Fun to get pictures of too. As a family we haven't ordered it but we've at least been part of an experience with it!

J_Carioca

I literally tried for years to get a reservation there. Years! Finally happened on our last trip, but it was a really late dinner reservation, like 10:20pm or something kind of crazy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom