Beaches and Cream - Kitchen Sink

PrittiPiglet

Original Poster
I am still searching the threads, so I apologize if this has been asked before.
Do you really need a reservation at Beaches and Cream for the kitchen sink? I know it is a regular restaurant, but it is just ice cream. I checked availability for this restaurant for the week my family will be there and there isn't any.

cw1982

Check back as it gets closer to the date you want. Often things will open up as people change their plans closer to the I trip.

I think the problem is the restaurant is quite small. In years past it was not available for ADRs and was simply walk up only. You often would wait about 30 minutes at lunch hour to be seated, though it could get fairly busy. We were able to make an ADR for lunch on the day we arrive in August this year. Have you tried an early lunch time?

tmitch

We were thereb in may, and were told that you needed to sit down for the kitchen sink. If you did the "takeout" line, you could order the mini kitchen sink only

RubyLee

I've had luck with an "off" time-usually late afternoon when we had a later dinner reservation. That's if you can eat anything after the Kitchen Sink!

We walked up last year in late May and were able to be seated after a moderate wait. The time of day matters. We went around 9 or 10 p.m., I think. By the way... It was worth it!

We went just for the kitchen sink in early june reservations would of helped but we walked up and we were able to sit with a moderate wait we were their closer to closing time.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 72

lunchbox1175

I'm not sure if this is what you are asking, but no, you do not need a reservation to order the kitchen sink. However a reservation is recommended just to get a table, as mentioned it is a small restaurant, and it gets pretty busy in there. It really just depends on the time of day that you are going, I wouldn't recommend around Illuminations time, as it seems really bad around then.

PolynesianPrincess

We tried to go in November around 8pm but we were quoted an hour and a half wait time and they were not adding anymore names to the list so we had to go elsewhere. The place is very small and starting to get very popular. I'm personally glad they take ADRs now. We had 6 of us eating the kitchen sink last spring. It was gone in 10 minutes!

PrittiPiglet

Original Poster
I was able to fine one single reservation for the entire week we will be visiting WDW. It's not something I was planning on doing that particular day as it is in the middle of the day and puts a kink in everything, but at least I have my foot in the door. I'm going to keep checking and hopefully I'll be able to move the reservation to a better date/time.
Thanks for all of the help, everyone!

PrittiPiglet

Original Poster
I've had luck with an "off" time-usually late afternoon when we had a later dinner reservation. That's if you can eat anything after the Kitchen Sink!

Personally, I don't usually care who eats what or when they do it as long as they get a little nutrition in there somewhere. It's vacation after all! :p

wilkeliza

Reservations are no longer simply a recommendation they are pretty much required. Went on Friday and saw many families get turned away and told they would be taking to walk ups at all because they were booked solid. Even Yacht club concierge had problems getting people reservations. Two families tried while we were at the desk in the Regatta club and were told all concierge had left to their use was 10pm. So glad we looked online and booked ahead. We did get our reservation out two weeks out but it was for lunch on a Friday.

seahawk7

In late May my kids and I got into Beaches and Cream without a reservation. It was a spur of the moment thing, but we all were craving a kitchen sink. When we walked up to the podium we were told there was no availability but when she found out we were a party of three, she was able to seat us at the counter. We waited 10 minutes max. I don't know if this was a fluke but thought I would mention it in case sitting at the counter might work for you. If you can't get a reservation, try what we did. Good luck!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom