Beach Club Resort???

stephsim

Hi all,
I was needing some imput on a resort. We have stayed at the Wilderness Lodge earlier this year and loved it! We were wanting to experience some other themes and we are thinking of the Beach Club or Yacht Club resorts. We have a 3 and 2 year old. Is this ideal? I hear you can walk to Epcot. Could we hop on the monorail there Epcot to get to MK? We will be there a lot.

Thanks.

Which is better, Yacht or Beach Club resort???? We plan on going end of September or early October. How busy is Disney then? It wasn't busy at all in March when we went this year and was hoping it would be like that again once kids are in school.

Steph
:wave:

Wilderness Lodge: March 2003

marypoppins68

I stayed at the Beach Club last December and loved it. Yes, you can walk to Epcot. You enter at the International Gateway. From there you can walk to the front of Epcot and catch the monorail to the MK. The Yacht and Beach Club are pretty much the same. I would recommend the Beach Club simply because it is closer to Epcot than the Yacht Club is. Also, you can take boats or walk from the Beach Club to the MGM-Studios.

Upvote 0

SnowWhite5669

We love love love Beach Club. We are staying there in 17 days, although we don't have any small children. The pool is great and there are special play areas for the children. There's a character breakfast and a great buffet at night at Cape May. The ice cream shop is incredible and I love the decks that each room has. We spend most of our time at Epcot and MGM so it is an ideal location. It's also great to take a stroll back to your room from Fantasmic when everyone else is fighting for buses and boats!!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

brian_gaudio

I have stayed at the Yacht Club nearly every time I have been to WDW. I have also stayed at the Beach Club twice. I highly recomend the Yacht Club over the Beach Club. I guess it's because I am more famillar with it. Since the two resorts share the same pool which is excellent there really is no difference besides the theming. The Yacht Club's location in the entire resort is second to none. I am sure that you and your family would love the Yacht Club as much as I do.

Upvote 0

stephsim

Original Poster
Thanks!

Thanks guys,

I just booked a room at the Yacht Club b/c I thought I might like the theme a bit better and it looked really nice in pictures. We only have 14 weeks to go! I just love WDW! I am so excited. I hope we aren't disappointed at all with our decision of picking this resort(there are just so many to choose from). One of the complains I have heard about the Beach/Yacht Club is the service. Anyone had bad service there? Let's just hope this experience will be as great as our last.

Steph

Upvote 0

westie

I agree with all the above. The Y&BC are both splendid. Great location, better amenities. Very good for small children with day care, story time, pools. The rooms are the same, just different decor. Great restaurants with character dining for the kids. Buffets or menu service, and yeah, a stroll to Epcot. Its nice to go MK, AK, MGM, during the day then walk to Epcot for dinner and evening recreation. And no problem with any service of any kind. Enjoy!

Upvote 0
I am new to this website and this is my first reply to a post. I have stayed at the Yacht Club and had a great time. The location is awesome as it is centrally located to Epcot and MGM. ESPN Club is only a short walk away at the Boardwalk as are several other great restaurants...I never had a bad experience with service at the Yacht Club. Every CM made an effort to be nice and answer questions. We even got a great room with a view when we requested it. That being said, if you are going to be going to the MK frequently I probably would've suggested one of the resorts on the monorail. Just as the Yacht Club offers convenience to those who love EPCOT and MGM, staying at the GF or Poly or Contemporary offers convenience to those wanting to go to the MK frequently. However, you cannot go wrong with the Yacht Club. Stormalong Bay, the swimming area is perfect for small children....Have a great time and write a trip report and let us know how your vacation was.....

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

We have stayed at YC and BCV. I prefer BCV, but I think between BC and YC I would also go with YC. Many of the blaconies at BC are standing room only. All at YC are full. We were upgraded to a veiw room and that was great. I also like the themeing at YC. Both are lovley.

I can't say enough good things about the main pool at Y&BC, Storm Along Bay. It is a sand bottom pool (4 I think actually) and has a great play area for young kids. It was wonderful for our 2 year old and I am a tad sad we couldn't get in there for our Aug trip (we will be at OKW).

You made a great choice. Have a wonderful trip and be sure to have a milkshake and chesse burger at Beaches and Cream. Also get the refillable mugs, they are worth it.

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

Pool hopping is a privalege for DVC members at all resorts excpet SAB and the pool at AKL. At times of the year when it is too busy (holidays mostly) this is suspended.

I have heard die hard DVC members say it is only for the "members" and not the people who rent points, but I think if you rent then it says member on your room key and therefore you can gain the privalge. (I can't spell).

I wish it could get us in to SAB, that is the one thing I am sad about staying at OKW our next trip. I hear that the pool at SSR (the newest DVC resort) is to be a really great one too.

All I can say is do yourself a favor and try to rent at BCV next trip!!!!! (and we own at VWL, but we LOVE BCV!)

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

I am pretty sure as a renter and having DVC member on your room card you can pool hop. That means any resort on WDW prop that isn't SAB or ALK. (NO S&D since they aren't WDW owned.) You can pool hop to Poly, GF, Boardwalk, OKW, WL, Con, any mod or even all star if you wanted to. We plan to visit Poly and GF on our next trip since they have zero entery and will be good for our 2 year old to splash around in. I think, you probally could go to the other 3 quite pools at Y&BC if you really wanted to, just not SAB. Also while I have never been to AKL, it is very popular and off limits for hopping.

Paying cash for a DVC room does not give you this privalge.

I don't know if you have ever stayed at OKW before, we haven't but will soon. We have heard there is no slide and no life guards. There is a nice kiddie pool and sand play place along with play ground and picnic area with BBQ.

Have a great trip.

Upvote 0
Originally posted by carljc
Are you saying you can walk to MGM from the YC?

Yes you can actually walk to MGM from any of the resorts along Crescent Lake, but it is a little bit farther than say a walk to EPCOT. We've always taken the boats to MGM from both the Boardwalk and the YC. You know.....air conditioning whenever you can get it

Upvote 0

Mr. Toad

We are staying at BCV right now and I have stayed at BC at least 3 times in the past. We have never had any service problems here.

As for the pool at OKW, we have stayed there many times (it's my parent's home resort) and the pool does not have a slide. I do not remember the life guard situation. The one advantage at OKW is that the rooms are bigger and very nicely laid out (at least the 2 bedroom ones are).

As for walking to MGM, I did it for the first time the other day. The walk isn't too bad but I took the boat back (mostly for the air conditioning).

Upvote 0

Charinr

At Beaches and Cream

Although we did not stay at YC/BC last Feb. we were at the Swan, we ventured to the YC/BC to try Beaches and Cream. My (at the time) 3 yr. old daughter was very happy w/the Micky Mouse Ice-cream sundae. It consists of any flavor ice-cream, any flavor topping (including sprinkles), a cherry and 2 oreo cookies. Your children will love this one. One word of advice, this is big, no lunch after this sundae.

Upvote 0

Mary Ellen

We love the BC. The pool is the best at any of the resorts. Every night before going to our room we would stop and Beaches and Cream for a sundae. I figured with all the walking I did every day I was burning off those calories :lol: .

Upvote 0

Pixiedust30

We just got back from staying at the Beach Club and we fell in love with it. The pool is easily the best on property and beaches and cream is great. Also the rooms were big and themed great. What can you say about location, location, and more location you can walk to Epoct and have a short boat ride to MGM. (you can walk to MGM around Creasent lake but it is futher away) I my mind it is by far and away the best resort in disney. Don't get me wrong we love the contemporary and the poly but the beach club really impressed me

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom