• As long as there is A/C... who cares.

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • They should have both

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

JimboJones123

Original Poster
First of all -- love the show.

But I have never been a fan of the song "Be Prepared". It is by far the weakes from the film.

What would you think of replacing "Be Prepared" with "He Lives In You"?

The earliest I remember the song was on the "Rhythm of the Pridelands" album, which was kind of like a secondary soundtrack for the film.

The song is feature in the Broadway Lion King and is a VERY strong part of the story.

Even more importantly, the song is featured on the Animal Kingdom Disney Sing-a-long...even though it is not part of the show.

So, which son would you prefer?

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
First of all -- love the show.

But I have never been a fan of the song "Be Prepared". It is by far the weakes from the film.

What would you think of replacing "Be Prepared" with "He Lives In You"?

The earliest I remember the song was on the "Rhythm of the Pridelands" album, which was kind of like a secondary soundtrack for the film.

The song is feature in the Broadway Lion King and is a VERY strong part of the story.

Even more importantly, the song is featured on the Animal Kingdom Disney Sing-a-long...even though it is not part of the show.

So, which son would you prefer?

But how could you use that song for scars scene?

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I think you've got to keep the dark dangerous song to maintain an interesting show. You've already got "Can You Feel The Love Tonight?" as a ballad, and "Circle Of Life" is almost a ballad in its own right.
Also, a majority of visitors have only seen the movie and wouldn't recognize "He Lives In You," and therefore wouldn't care for it as much. I'm not saying they're right, I'm just saying that Disney management knows to give people what they want, and what they want is what they know.

Crush Dude!

I agree, Be prepared is a big part of the movie whereas he lives in you is not!! Id love to see it added but where is the problem

jakeman

He Lives in You is so superior to Be Prepared in almost every way.

I'd give up the Scar section in a minute to have He Lives in You included.

_Scar

He Lives in You creeps me out. Not a great opening song like Circle and not upbeat like Akuna Matata or Can't Wait to be King

Disney4Eva

Well he is the central antagonist!! And the best villain in disney (in my opinion) Love this song and scene
Ditto to all that. That song's always been one of my favorites, and I adore Scar's character :D
Ya gotta have a scene for the antagonist, or else he's gonna seem a bit weak.

I'd rather them have Digga Tunna from Lion King 1 1/2 that was a fun song.
Hah! Ditto again! :ROFLOL: LOVE that song

Crush Dude!

Ditto to all that. That song's always been one of my favorites, and I adore Scar's character :D
Ya gotta have a scene for the antagonist, or else he's gonna seem a bit weak.

Hah! Ditto again! :ROFLOL: LOVE that song

Exactly, u cannot remove his scene

disneytopdog

"Be Prepared" needs to stay in the show, I do agree that it doesnt really fit. But if they punched it up with adding more of the darker characters into the number (Hyena's) and adding more lighting effects and smoke it could turn out to be one of the better numbers. After all, in almost every Disney film I find the villians and their henchmen more interesting then the good guys. It always seems Disney uses the better actors to voice the villians.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
He Lives in You is unquestionably a better song, but wouldn't work in the context of FOLK.

In the stage show, it's sung once as an expository piece from Mufasa to Young Simba. It's then reprised in act 2 by Rafiki (remember, in the stage show, Rafiki is played by a female) as Simba accepts who he is and returns to Pride Rock. The reprise is by far the better version and the only one that might work in FOLK, but it could not take the place of Be Prepared.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom