Be Our Guest veggies?

RiceCrispyMickey

Original Poster
Hi guys,

Weird question, but we have just come back from a 10 night stay in WDW (sob) and my husband keeps raving about how good the vegtables were when we went to be our guest! It was whatever seasonings they cooked them in that made them so delicious, does anyone know what they used?

I wish I had asked now when we were there but it just completely slipped my mind. I'd love to be able to re-create them at home as husband says they were the best tasting veggies he's ever eaten!

RiceCrispyMickey

Original Poster
It was dinner, and the same veggies came with both our meals (hubby had Steak, I had pork) they were green beans, carrots, onions etc. Must have been sautéed in some sort of butter and seasoning but I couldn't work out what. Heres a pic of our dinners:

image.jpg
image.jpg

dadddio

Hi guys,

Weird question, but we have just come back from a 10 night stay in WDW (sob) and my husband keeps raving about how good the vegtables were when we went to be our guest! It was whatever seasonings they cooked them in that made them so delicious, does anyone know what they used?

I wish I had asked now when we were there but it just completely slipped my mind. I'd love to be able to re-create them at home as husband says they were the best tasting veggies he's ever eaten!
You might consider contacting Guest Services. Others have done so and received recipes for the dishes that they liked. It should also be noted that if you are at a Disney restaurant and ask, they will often give you the recipe or email it to you.

Weather_Lady

Ditto. Looks like green beans, sliced sweet onions and red bell peppers, sauteed with butter, salt and pepper. Some places will add a splash of balsamic or other vinegar, but it doesn't look like that was done at BOG. (They're described in the menu as a "jardiniere," which means a mix of spring vegetables. Sometimes a jardiniere is prepared/flavored with bacon, garlic, and/or herbs de provence, any of which might account for that extra burst of flavor...)

If veggies are cooked correctly though, they don't need much adornment to be awesome!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom