Be our Guest - adding Infants to reservation

queenie34

Original Poster
Hi - I am unable to add my infant to the dining reservation in My Disney experience. Has anyone else had a problem with this at all? Its just showing 2 adults (me and my husband) rather? many thanks, Vikki

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
You have to show 3 people for the reservation booked, but it's not important to pick the actual person on MDE. If you booked for all 3 of you total on the actual reservation you are fine. You don't have to actually link them in MDE on the dining reservation that's just for you basically to show in your plans not for the restaurant. Hope this makes sense. Lol
Now if you didn't book your reservation for 3 and only booked for 2 you will need to call to fix it to account for your infant. They don't pay to eat etc but need to be on the actual reservation to account for every person in the restaurant for fire code etc. :)

queenie34

Original Poster
Thank you so much for your answer, I have gone back in and managed to change the booking to a lunch rather than dinner for 3 of us... I was panicking as I really want to experience this restaurant. xx

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Thank you so much for your answer, I have gone back in and managed to change the booking to a lunch rather than dinner for 3 of us... I was panicking as I really want to experience this restaurant. xx

You're very welcome! We love lunch and dinner there. And with 2 adults you could have showed up with your infant and have been possibly stuck at a tiny 2 Person table if they are full with not really anywhere to be able to put your infant in their carrier etc. Better to be safe than sorry. But do keep trying for 3 for dinner if you really want to do dinner. Also The Beast will not be there at lunch and is only there at dinner and it is a QS for lunch instead of a TS at dinner those are the main differences. And at lunch you get to pick your table and which room you want to sit in out of the 3 rooms. :)

queenie34

Original Poster
You're very welcome! We love lunch and dinner there. And with 2 adults you could have showed up with your infant and have been possibly stuck at a tiny 2 Person table if they are full with not really anywhere to be able to put your infant in their carrier etc. Better to be safe than sorry. But do keep trying for 3 for dinner if you really want to do dinner. Also The Beast will not be there at lunch and is only there at dinner and it is a QS for lunch instead of a TS at dinner those are the main differences. And at lunch you get to pick your table and which room you want to sit in out of the 3 rooms. :)

Thanks again, I managed to get a dinner slot on the last night of our holiday as well as lunch the weekend before - changed to 3 rather than 2. I think it would've broken my heart to turn up and be turned away potentially! I have booked Chef Mickeys and the Grand Floridian cafe too. I fancy one of the fireworks meals too - but they look fully booked for November already! :) xx

TRONorail12

A reservation is to reserve SPACE AT A TABLE, NOT HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE ORDERING FULL MEALS. Restaurants are not designed to magically be able to add a highchair, carrier or stroller to any table in the building. A highchair, carrier or stroller takes the place of a seat at the table, therefore, YOU MUST ACCOUNT FOR INFANTS. Disney is usually pretty accommodating. However, mind you at someplace like Be Our Guest, Chef Mickey's or any other restaurant that is almost fully booked 6 months out, if Disney has to change your table size at the restaurant based on you not accounting for an infant, or multiple infants in some cases, you are now potentially taking away a table from somebody else's reservation. So use your common sense, if you consider your child a human being who will be taking up space at the table, count them in the number of people on the reservation

Hockey89

A reservation is to reserve SPACE AT A TABLE, NOT HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE ORDERING FULL MEALS. Restaurants are not designed to magically be able to add a highchair, carrier or stroller to any table in the building. A highchair, carrier or stroller takes the place of a seat at the table, therefore, YOU MUST ACCOUNT FOR INFANTS. Disney is usually pretty accommodating. However, mind you at someplace like Be Our Guest, Chef Mickey's or any other restaurant that is almost fully booked 6 months out, if Disney has to change your table size at the restaurant based on you not accounting for an infant, or multiple infants in some cases, you are now potentially taking away a table from somebody else's reservation. So use your common sense, if you consider your child a human being who will be taking up space at the table, count them in the number of people on the reservation
:D:D:D:D

queenie34

Original Poster

Hello, thank you for taking the time to respond, I haven't used the booking system before so was simply asking a question which others have responded to (and I was thankful for that). After hearing stories from friends who have been who didn't have to book a baby in to others who did I wanted to double check this rule here, using my common sense. THANK YOU!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom