Be honest, how weird is it for a male to go on Solo trip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goofyernmost

I think we should all clarify a point here. I and many others do manage to enjoy and continue to do solo. That doesn't mean that we wouldn't like someone to share the experience with, but, many don't really have a choice. That's not a whine, just a fact of life sometimes. Now all the benefits that were mentioned are absolute and are somewhat of a gift for us not being able to share. Those things like setting your own schedule, doing what you want to do exclusively, eating when and where you want to (that is coupled with staying offsite), are all very real perks that help make up for lack of companionship. I have done both, and I can honestly say that when I went with someone that enjoyed the place and wasn't always complaining (another thing I have experienced) I would love it. I have also experienced the other and frankly solo was much more fun and so much better.

Last edited:

Skibum1970

I think that it is great. I have done it myself when I was traveling for work. I didn't care one bit what anyone thought. For all they know, you spouse or whatever is at the hotel resting. And, as the Rock would say, "IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT THE PEOPLE THINK!!!"

Hi all,

I'm a 46 year old man that loves Disney and I need a nice relaxing vacation. No worries, no kids, no work, just relaxation. I want to do a WDW solo trip for 7 days. Walking around the parks and going on rides solo doesn't actually bother me, but I'm a pretty introvert person and the dining part concerns me some. Sitting down at a table alone eating. It's a little awkward and strange is all.

I mean be honest, how weird is it?

Do it! Not weird at all and I'm totally jealous!

clarabellej

Hi all,

I'm a 46 year old man that loves Disney and I need a nice relaxing vacation. No worries, no kids, no work, just relaxation. I want to do a WDW solo trip for 7 days. Walking around the parks and going on rides solo doesn't actually bother me, but I'm a pretty introvert person and the dining part concerns me some. Sitting down at a table alone eating. It's a little awkward and strange is all.

Ran across a site you might like:

https://www.disneylists.com/2016/10...il&utm_term=0_e09735652c-f3b8600668-283272825

beertiki

At 48 I made a solo trip to the MK while my wife and daughter were at a pin event. Before I arrived, I wondered if it was weird for a grown man to go to the MK by himself. Then I rode the Tea Cups.

As a middle aged man riding the Tea Cups solo, and having great time, you learn a few things.

1. You didn't grow up, or old. The kid you were 30+ years ago is happy.

2. You can and will do this again, when you are 50, 60, 70...

JeffH

The freedom to do whatever you want at whatever the pace you want to go makes solo trips very fun. True, dining used to be a little lonely/weird and you might find yourself involving yourself in someone else's conversation, but with cell-phones today, you can keep yourself quite occupied while dining alone.

smile

Kinda like walking around in public, naked? ;)

well played... but one of those gets ya tossed in jail while the other has a completely uncalled for stigma -
and if you're even truly comparing the two... i got nothin else for ya, my friend

Dutch Inn '76

well played... but one of those gets ya tossed in jail while the other has a completely uncalled for stigma -
and if you're even truly comparing the two... i got nothin else for ya, my friend

You saw the winky, right?

...and I see that you say it has a stigma. Like I said, going to WDW alone is a little weird.

smile

You saw the winky, right?

...and I see that you say it has a stigma. Like I said, going to WDW alone is a little weird.

a completely uncalled for stigma - ie. totally undeserved
;)

suppose that's the fault here...
can doing wdw alone be perceived as weird? unfortunately, yes. is it? certainly not.

is it weird that a crotchety old man started this from nothing based on cartoons?... aiming toward the child in all of us?
what a sicko. he must like kids or be developmentally challenged or something. weirdo.

he loved walking around his park alone - why does one need another to appreciate the art and effort on display? or for another of the million reasons to go that have nothing to do with anything suspect.

Last edited:

OneofThree

is it weird that a crotchety old man started this from nothing based on cartoons?

Nope; that would be capitalism.
1517513237633.png

Hopper955

Hi all,

I wouldn't worry You are there to have a good time and relax. I have gone to Disney with family and or friends and i have actually dine by my self as they have gone off and done other things and I had no worries about doing it. I have also seen others doing and and I think nothing of it. Have a great time

THEMEPARKPIONEER

All I can say is there is nothing like breaking off and taking a walk and going on rides by yourself, if anything I love breaking off at Epcot for a couple of hours and having some time to myself, that's the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom