Be careful Where You Get Your Disney Info and Rumors

nor'easter

Original Poster
Just loaded some advanced anti-spyware, and lo' and behold, several Disney rumor sites attempted to download spyware surrepticiously. Happy to report that WDW Magic was NOT one of them. A visit to Screamscape caused two different attempted downloads.

lol same thing here, my brother yelled at me! who does he think he is MR. I'm so smart!

thanks for the extra warning and telling everyone, how nice

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
I had no such occurance when trying this out a few minutes ago. Their tatics might not work with firefox and Ad-Aware Plus being used.

Shaman

IE is darksided and EVIL!!!!!
I've never had a problem with 'magic'....

Thanks for the heads up! :wave:

yeti

Just loaded some advanced anti-spyware, and lo' and behold, several Disney rumor sites attempted to download spyware surrepticiously. Happy to report that WDW Magic was NOT one of them. A visit to Screamscape caused two different attempted downloads.

Ya that's screamscape for ya :lookaroun thats what I LOVE about wdwmagic. You can talk on forums without someone stalking you.

And yes, nor'easter, I am a big hairy beast.:lol: (another inside joke)

dreamteacher

What anti- spyware did you install?

WeLComeHomE OKW

Mac: Because 3% of computer users can't be wrong!

6 percent and they have the fourth biggest marketshare out of PC makers. And, these days 50% of Mac Buyers are brand new to the Mac. So, it will be more and more.

P.S. this has nothing to do with WDW. lol.

250th post!!!!! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

KevinPage

Ever since I swtiched to FIREFOX, Ad Aware NEVER found any spyware items anymore.

I never realized what a pig IE was until I switched. I've since removed Ad Aware since my Firewall/Spyware program from Adelphia (free from my service provider) won't work with Ad Aware installed. And since Ad Aware was essentialy useless due to FIREFOX not allowing all that nonsense into it, made my life easier.

:D :D :D

PaisleyMF

But 78% of those people chose the mac because they liked the pretty colours of the cases

Apple only make Mac is White, Brush Metals and Black, so what color are we talking about, the old G3 macs or the new Intel Inside Mac that run Mac OS and Windows. the ones that has a CEO that owns a BIG chunck of Disney, but thats another thread.

:hammer: :cool: :hammer: :cool: :hammer:​

lnsemsf

6 percent and they have the fourth biggest marketshare out of PC makers. And, these days 50% of Mac Buyers are brand new to the Mac. So, it will be more and more.

P.S. this has nothing to do with WDW. lol.

250th post!!!!! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:
Since this has moved to "chit-chat" I don't think it's too off topic. There are 2 current study's of Mac market share, and even my 3% guess was generous. Both studies have slightly conflicting numbers but I'll post them both for you

U.S. Mac Market Share
1Q 2005: 3.8%
4Q 2005 (AI): 3.5%
1Q 2006 (ZDNet): 3.5%
1Q 2006 (AI): 3.6%

Worldwide Mac Market Share
1Q 2005: 2.2%
1Q 2006 (ZDNet): 2.3%
1Q 2006 (AI): 2.0%

So at the best, worldwide Mac only get's 2.3% of market share and possibly even less. It's definitly less than you 6%, and even less than my 3%. I was going for total worldwide computer in my figures, but if you had asumed I was going US then I was slightly low, but not by much.

WeLComeHomE OKW

Since this has moved to "chit-chat" I don't think it's too off topic. There are 2 current study's of Mac market share, and even my 3% guess was generous. Both studies have slightly conflicting numbers but I'll post them both for you

U.S. Mac Market Share
1Q 2005: 3.8%
4Q 2005 (AI): 3.5%
1Q 2006 (ZDNet): 3.5%
1Q 2006 (AI): 3.6%

Worldwide Mac Market Share
1Q 2005: 2.2%
1Q 2006 (ZDNet): 2.3%
1Q 2006 (AI): 2.0%

So at the best, worldwide Mac only get's 2.3% of market share and possibly even less. It's definitly less than you 6%, and even less than my 3%. I was going for total worldwide computer in my figures, but if you had asumed I was going US then I was slightly low, but not by much.

Yeah i admit it. I just looked it up and I was off. I highly doubt u were speaking of worldwide Mac when u gave the 3% but here is my stats and ill give u the source.

"Along with the recent encouraging 3Q 2006 financial results from Apple on Wednesday, independent research firms Gartner and IDC have recently reported on 2Q 2006 market share (via MacWorld). Both firms report solid gains from 1 year ago, with IDC reporting a jump from 4.4 to 4.8% U.S. Marketshare and Gartner reporting a jump from 4.3 to 4.6%, making the Mac maker the 4th largest maker of computers behind Dell (32%), HP (18.9%), and Gateway (6.2%).

This is the first reported gains in marketshare for Apple since the Intel transition, as last quarter saw minor losses. From last quarter, it appears as though Apple has gained an entire percentage point in market share (up from 3.5-3.6% 1Q 2006)."
From macrumors.com So it is nearly five percent from 3.6 in 1st quarter. This is more recent, and is closer to 6 then to 3. I was never talking about worldwide, therefore my point still stands. :cool:

Oh, I also said it would be more and more. That was an understatement, if their marketshare is increasing by a whole percent in one quarter....their sales are skyrocketing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom