BCV or BRV?

fryoj

Original Poster
We are working on a trip for December and have narrowed our choices to Beach Club Villas and Boulder Ridge Villas. We are going to try the DVC rental deal for the first time(pending availability of course). We will be two adults and two teen girls, and am probably going to go for a 1 BR. Theres things about each resort that we like, but neither is a slam dunk in our minds. Obviously theres more that goes into the decision than I've provided, but any advice to make the decision easier?

Simba’s Mom

I prefer BCV, mostly because you can walk to 2 parks. BRV requires transportation to all 4 parks. And if anyone swims, BCV has Stormalong Bay, the nicer pool.

correcaminos

My big negatives with BCV are the lack of views and the majority have tiny, unusuable balconies. I think the walk to and from Epcot is nice, but the food choices at BC aren't great. YC has better, but even then I prefer Epcot food to BC options especially for quicker meals. The pool at BC is actually my least favorite with BLT closely behind it. It's too crowded now and the pool itself is too small for the number of people there. The lazy river is slow and way too deep. Kid areas are far too removed. Slides are not in the pool area at all really. The bus to MK and AK are honestly the worst out of the bunch for me.

BRV is quieter, the room furnishings are older, but are being refurbed this year. I prefer both pools but the main pool can be a bit busy. Much better food options. Buses are more regularly running and the boat to MK is my preferred way of getting to MK (hate busing to it if I can avoid LOL). The theme over all I think is better done.

WL as a whole is our pick over BC.

Naplesgolfer

I like and stay at both resorts. But I own at BCV because you need the 11 month booking window much of the year.

For me and my family BCV's pool is far better and entertaining. I also now book the cabana's to make the experience even better. As far as food goes, I have a 5-15 minute walk to many World showcase, Yacht club, Boardwalk and Swan/Dolphin resturant's. In my opinion the pool/ food and walk to 2 parks make's for a hard to beat combination. I think the resale price and how quickly the resort books and rents suggest the majority of people feel the same way.

correcaminos

Do you mean balconies at BC, not at BCV? I've only had a tiny, enough seating for one person, balcony once out of about 20 stays at BCV.
No as a DVC owner I mean BCV not BC resort. Except for the 2nd floor and a handful of other, the balconies are tiny. I use my balconies all the time on my DVC trips, and repeatedly at all my many stays at BCV we have never had a really usable balcony. We've done all room types there too. After 2 trips in a row even asking for a large balcony to only get a tiny one, we're done (at least for a looooong time). The love for BCV is gone for us. Sorry.

I like and stay at both resorts. But I own at BCV because you need the 11 month booking window much of the year.

For me and my family BCV's pool is far better and entertaining. I also now book the cabana's to make the experience even better. As far as food goes, I have a 5-15 minute walk to many World showcase, Yacht club, Boardwalk and Swan/Dolphin resturant's. In my opinion the pool/ food and walk to 2 parks make's for a hard to beat combination. I think the resale price and how quickly the resort books and rents suggest the majority of people feel the same way.

BCV is also a small resort so harder to book. Then again BRV is too

MagicalMommy

We’ve stayed at both (studio at BRV a few years ago and one bedroom at BCV last April). While Wilderness Lodge and Beach Club are two of our favorite resorts, I’d pick BCV before BRV. The furnishings are newer, the walk into Epcot is amazing, the pool is spectacular if weather allows, and we did have a usable/large balcony. That said, if Copper Creek is within your budget I would pick that over both of them as the rooms are newer and it’s inside Wilderness Lodge’s main building at Christmastime (that resort is so beautiful that time of year).

fryoj

Original Poster
We’ve stayed at both (studio at BRV a few years ago and one bedroom at BCV last April). While Wilderness Lodge and Beach Club are two of our favorite resorts, I’d pick BCV before BRV. The furnishings are newer, the walk into Epcot is amazing, the pool is spectacular if weather allows, and we did have a usable/large balcony. That said, if Copper Creek is within your budget I would pick that over both of them as the rooms are newer and it’s inside Wilderness Lodge’s main building at Christmastime (that resort is so beautiful that time of year).

I had a crush on CCR for a while when I started looking, but it appears to be booked solid while we are there. The more I've gone one though, the convenience of BCV has swayed me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom