BB/TL Question

TB4244

Original Poster
Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach are currently both closed due to refurb and weather/low temperature, but my question is what happens to the CMs that staff the parks? Do they get reassigned elsewhere like the resorts or do they go unpaid for the time that both the waterparks are closed?

CAPTAIN HOOK

I don't know for certain but - as one park is always closed over the winter period for refurb I guess those staff would be placed elsewhere (unless its written into their contracts that they're temporarily laid off). If as is the current situation when the second WP closes then I guess these staff are placed elsewhere until the weather picks up again

Daniel Johnson

Good question. I was wondering that mysef!

Also when a ride goes down for a long refurbishment, do those CM's get changed to other rides?

MarkTwain

They do in fact get reassigned. :) Lifeguards get sent to hotel pools, merchandise and quick service cast members get sent to stores and QSRs in theme parks, etc.

I had a lifeguard friend go from Blizzard Beach to the Grand Floridian pool and a Typhoon Lagoon merch friend go to Liberty Square.

TB4244

Original Poster
That answers that one. I figured that was the case but I was curious to know what the 'official' answer was. Thanks guys!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom