Bay Lake Tower or Kidani Village?

lukacseven

Original Poster
Probably should be a post for Trip Planning, but I was hoping to get some input from runners who may have stayed at BLT for the Marathon Weekend. We've stayed the past 2 years at Kidani Village for the Marathon (my sister's DVC membership). We were discussing booking KV again, because it's her home resort, but we're looking for some other Marathon-friendly options. We've stayed at Old Key West 3 times before and have ruled out Wilderness Lodge and Boadwalk, due to crowds/noise.

Did anyone stay at Bay Lake Tower? Is it convenient for races? How is it as far as getting to/from start/finish line?

I'm also thinking the view form BLT might be nice for one night, but really like the savannah.

Texas84

Last year we actually checked into BLT on the Sunday of the race and were trying to figure out what all those cones were doing there. When I found out, I decided I had to try a Disney race.

BLT itself is great! Get an MK view and watch the fireworks from your room with the soundtrack piped in through the TV. You can also watch from the bar at the top of the BLT. It's fun waking up to that view every morning. You can walk to MK and take the bridge to The Contemporary to catch the Monorail.

As for the race, I don't know, you may have to drive but I would think you are against the traffic since most of it comes from I-4. Could be wrong but I think the Monorail was operating for the race. Now THAT would be convenient!

lukacseven

Original Poster
I know the monorail runs during the race for spectators because of road closures. I would imagine that it would also start running around 3:00 am like the bus service. There should be something in last year's race program as far as transportation schedules.

Figment82

We stayed at BLT for marathon weekend, and it couldn't have been easier to get to Epcot in the morning. We just walked over to the Contemporary, waited maybe 5 minutes for the next monorail to arrive, a quick transfer at the TTC and we were at the starting line with plenty of time to spare. It was also nice on the return trip, where we just had a short walk from the finish line area to the monorail station. The resort monorail trip took a bit of time, just because at that point in the morning, most of the guests were up and about and trying to get to the Magic Kingdom.

We've stayed at BLT twice now and love it for the convenience. We live very close to property, but it was so wonderful not having to wake up even earlier, fight the traffic to park at Epcot and then wait to leave afterwards. We're already hoping to be able to do the same next year. Kidani is a wonderful resort, but it's hard to beat the convenience of staying on the monorail line. Plus, if you have family watching you, they can literally walk out the front door and see you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom