Based on consecutive minutes/hours what's the longest time you've spent in a specific showcase pavilion?

HongKongFooy

Original Poster
I'm thinking I did 2+ hours in France once......and that was without table service dining.

China must have came close, too.........since we spent say 75 minutes at 9 Dragons and then the circle film and shops.

Any 3+ hour stays out there?( not including queuing up for Frozen on opening day)

Heppenheimer

In the late 80s, I may have spent 3 hours at the Norwegian pavilion. This time included showing up way too early for our reservation at Akershus (my dad was never late for anything!), the actual meal, which probably lasted over an hour, waiting for and riding the Maelstrom, then watching a folk dance that just happened to start up after we finished the ride.

This is all based on subjective, imperfect, 30+ year old memory of waiting in the late afternoon sun outside of Akershus, then watching Illuminations (or whatever they called the show back then) not too long after seeing the dance troupe.

Last edited:

dmw

In the Parks
No
We may have spent up to two hours in France once. Took some pics, watched Impressions, did some shopping, got ice cream, and watched the acrobats (lucky timing).

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Attended a wedding in the rotunda in American Adventure. Spent something like 4-5 hours there, drinking while enjoying a Brazilian drumline and carnival dancers.
Good times.

JIMINYCR

The American and Mexican pavilions are the two that will usually take up more of my time. Over an hour in each is not unusual. Thats because they include dining, shows, viewing the themed surroundings and shopping. While the others I can easily breeze through with some interest but have less reasons to linger. When China had the Tomb Warriors exhibit years ago, that kept me fascinated and I remained there for a long time.

MickeyLuv'r

Frozen frenzy!

When the Frozen movie was new, lines for Anna + Elsa were crazy! First time I saw the line for them, I asked CM how long the line was. She said, "Oh, you're lucky. It is relatively short right now. Only 6 to 6.5 hours. Normally it is about an 8 hour wait." I thought, "No way would I spend six hours in line to see a character!"

Still....in my mind: a challenge! Over the next few months, Frozen's popularity just kept growing!

A few months later, I admit, I was curious to see if I could beat that average, or rather- by how much I could beat it. (my normal character max is 10min.) By then I had upgraded to an AP, so my park time was slightly less precious, but I still gave myself an upper limit of 2 hours max. Alas, my group waited about 1hour and 40minutes. After seeing the Frozen sisters, Maelstrom, gift shop and a snack. Total was likely 3 hours. Odd thing was, at that time, the gift shop had almost no Frozen merchandise!

We can easily lose an hour in Mitsukoshi alone. If we also eat at one of the TS there, and have a wait for our table, it is easy to spend 2 hours in Japan. Most other gift shops I can skip, but that one's always full of neat stuff.

One time...I had a very slow meal in Italy. The service was just completely terrible that night. At then end of a very too slow meal- it took over 30min to get our final bill! The CM had made multiple major mistakes, and went to fix it, but then just disappeared. I think the meal started at 6:30, which should have been plenty early to see Illuminations. I distinctly recall waiting for the bill all through Illuminations. It was soooo frustrating.

The Empress Lilly

I often do a day at a pavilion. Eat, movie/attraction, exhibition, shops, garden, entertainment, checking everything out, (watching Illuminations 😢 )

I need time. Six hours or so for Mexico, China, America, Japan, France. My typical full EPCOT day is SSE, Land, another pavilion, then one or two WS pavilions.

jloucks

I'm thinking I did 2+ hours in France once......and that was without table service dining.

China must have came close, too.........since we spent say 75 minutes at 9 Dragons and then the circle film and shops.

Any 3+ hour stays out there?( not including queuing up for Frozen on opening day)

Did 3+ hours in Morocco before, dinning/drinking/loitering at the Marrakesh followed by an hour+ sitting and chatting on the little tile whatever-you-call-it out side, and then watching the fireworks from the entryway area. This was a two family trip with my sister and her fam. Oh that was a wondrous evening. I have not had that many perfect ends to perfect days, but that was one of them. Perfect.

Raineman

Japan, for just over 2 hours. At least 45 minutes eating at Teppan Edo, then at least an hour browsing in Mitsukoshi and waiting for DW to get her pearls, and a few minutes at the koi pond and watching the taiko drummers. I probably spent 20 minutes in Mitsukoshi staring into the display case that had all of the Gundam style model kits.

jloucks

Japan, for just over 2 hours. At least 45 minutes eating at Teppan Edo, then at least an hour browsing in Mitsukoshi and waiting for DW to get her pearls, and a few minutes at the koi pond and watching the taiko drummers. I probably spent 20 minutes in Mitsukoshi staring into the display case that had all of the Gundam style model kits.
Japan is my longest non-eating stay anyplace. I am guessing around 1.5 hours. Yea, that display case is a sight!

HongKongFooy

Original Poster
I take a nap in the cold AC at the nearly hour long American Adventure show. Does that count?

Na, that wouldn't count........it goes against the spirit of the exercise.

The point is what is the longest consecutive time you've spent in a specific pavilion to tour/dine or saturate. Passed out from alcohol on a bench for 3 hours, sleeping, queuing for an exceptionally long time for an attraction like 5 hours for when Remy opens or detained by security for a long time or dealing with a very long winded customer service issue or some communication mishap whereby you wait all day for a party member to show wouldn't count. I wouldn't count seeking prolonged cover in a shop to escape a very lengthy downpour either; think ordinary active saturation to enjoy the pavilion.

nickys

Premium Member
I like to take my time looking around. So I spent about 40 minutes looking at the exhibits at the front of the pyramid, then browsed for a good hour or more in the market, did the ride, came out and sat and had a drink or two sitting outside.

I once spent a couple of hours just sitting in the Canadian gardens reading, after watching the movie and climbing the path up to get some photos. The Japan and UK gardens are great for the same.

I usually try and do an afternoon or two on my own just doing two or three pavilions each trip. I hate rushing, it’s my happy place. The exhibitions at Morocco and America are fascinating, and I‘m entranced by the Stave Church structure (couldn’t care less about the Frozenstrom / Marvel related stuff).

ppet

4 hrs in England, We caught the band playing, then had dinner (fish and chips of course). Then we grabbed an area a good half hour maybe closer to an hour for illuminations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom