Bariatric patients

Club Cooloholic

I have actually been to a bunch of buffets that will discount for bariatric patients. Been to several in Vegas and here at home around Chicago. And I’ve noticed that many of the higher end places usually accept the card while less expensive ( Golden Corral and similar) don’t.
A better higher quality meal can be had at a regular place . Vegas? I go for work there every year and have not eaten a buffet in years. I know it's hard to change habits but to make it work you have to. A buffet for a someone with food addiction is like buying the drink package on a cruise ship for an alcoholic then telling them to control their drinking. And even if you have control somehow the people you go there with would probably benefit from not being at so many of the either. This is a really good article on it
https://www.npr.org/sections/thesal...nts-for-gastric-bypass-patients-at-the-buffet

Last edited:

Cubs Brian

Original Poster
A better higher quality meal can be had at a regular place . Vegas? I go for work there every year and have not eaten a buffet in years. I know it's hard to change habits but to make it work you have to. A buffet for a someone with food addiction is like buying the drink package on a cruise ship for an alcoholic then telling them to control their drinking. And even if you have control somehow the people you go there with would probably benefit from not being at so many of the either. This is a really good article on it
https://www.npr.org/sections/thesal...nts-for-gastric-bypass-patients-at-the-buffet
Actually for me the buffets usually work better. I’m pretty good on portio sizes and control + I can pick and choose from a much wider variety. So far I’ve dropped a little over 100 pounds.

Cubs Brian

Original Poster
Actually for me the buffets usually work better. I’m pretty good on portio sizes and control + I can pick and choose from a much wider variety. So far I’ve dropped a little over 100 pounds.
And in Vegas we stick to the buffets at Wynn, Caesars, Cosmo and such.

JIMINYCR

Ugh...My daughter eats like a bird and I still have to pay for her whole meal weather she just eats 3 tenders and nothing else or a whole meal. In the eyes of disney when she turns 10 she will be an adult and I will have to pay the full price. And honestly when your at a buffet the food is mass produced so your not really costing the restaurant more or less by what you eat during your time there. Asking to pay less because of this is just not right.
I edited this a bit from my original post because I calmed down a bit lol

I dont know why you had to calm down... nothing I posted should have upset you. We did not ask to pay less. We werent expecting to pay less. When the servers came to present us with the bills in both cases they said because your wife barely ate off the buffet we are going to charge you less. I'm guessing because they enjoyed our conversations we had with them and our pleasant interactions with them, they gave us some magic.

Chi84

Premium Member
Disney is notoriously inconsistent when it comes to applying their rules. They even have a cutesy name for it - pixie dust. If someone else gets a reduced price and you didn’t it’s not that you were treated unfairly. The other guy just got “pixie-dusted.”

correcaminos

Congratulations on your weight loss so far! I know personally how hard it is (I'm 5' tall and lost over 85 pounds about 15 years ago). Glad you can work with buffets. I know for me, I had to stay away from them for a long time. Now I just feel wasteful with the costs LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom