Barefoot at Disney

FettFan

Doesn't blue body paint count as clothing?

Depends on the body :cautious:

WDW 2017 is gonna suuuuuuuuck....

StarWarsGirl

Yesterday when I was at AK I saw people who had just gotten off Kali carrying wet shoes. That was one thing. They may have been taking them to the bathroom to dry them out or buying new ones. But other than that...Sometimes I'll take off my shoes when I'm walking back to my room in the evening if my feet or tired, or if I'm wearing flats or sandals I'll kick them off at meal times (note: I am too short for my feet to touch the floor when I sit) and during Soarin'. I cannot stand shoes either, which is why I wear flip flops or ballet flats. Bare minimum. Walking without shoes in a theme park is silly.
I guess if you like infections and broken bones...
In all seriousness, as my friends in the Sageteer thread know, I picked up an infection during my last trip (ended yesterday) in my foot. Going to urgent care to get antibiotics during your trip is no fun.

m3owbox

Yesterday when I was at AK I saw people who had just gotten off Kali carrying wet shoes. That was one thing. They may have been taking them to the bathroom to dry them out or buying new ones. But other than that...Sometimes I'll take off my shoes when I'm walking back to my room in the evening if my feet or tired, or if I'm wearing flats or sandals I'll kick them off at meal times (note: I am too short for my feet to touch the floor when I sit) and during Soarin'. I cannot stand shoes either, which is why I wear flip flops or ballet flats. Bare minimum. Walking without shoes in a theme park is silly.

In all seriousness, as my friends in the Sageteer thread know, I picked up an infection during my last trip (ended yesterday) in my foot. Going to urgent care to get antibiotics during your trip is no fun.

How did you do that? :jawdrop:

StarWarsGirl

How did you do that? :jawdrop:
I had a couple of blisters, they opened themselves up, and somehow I picked it up. Don't know where; I had blisters in the other foot that healed just fine. We think I picked it up in the room because when I was in the parks, they were covered. This is the first time that this has ever happened to me at WDW, and I go twice a year.

FettFan

Wait wait...Star Wars fan...no shoes...

You're really Tahiri Veila, aren't you? :p

Jwhee

Ill go barefoot in resorts, doesn't matter were in the resort. Ill do flip flops at the parks and every where else. Though, if I'm going for a full day 4 park walt disney world photo update trip then ill do sneakers, but a one park trip I'm good with flip flops

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
All the hysterical Hannahs, I take it you all wear shoes in the pools and water parks, or is it a special type of clean ground there?

I can recommend the path between the studios and Boardwalk as an ideal barefoot walk exfoliator. Plus theres low risk of dog turd interaction, dont want that oozing between athlete foot infected toes now would we.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom