Barefoot at Disney

rocknroller81

Original Poster
I hate shoes. Plain and simple.

Eventually, my shoes come off at some point in the day, either at a park or on my resort grounds. Granted it's not for long at the parks, but still feels nice for the little bit.

With the announcement of the new Avatar land, I think I'll celebrate my first time there going barefoot. I'll blend right in with the natives and if the ground glows where I walk, that'll be even greater! They should even encourage it!

Is anyone else like me? Or want to join me going barefoot through Pandora?

Last edited:

D23

I'm not a fan of Avatarland.... But I don't go barefoot at the kingdom as in straight foot. I go my Margaritaville FLip Flops though! Then I pop them off when sitting, relaxing etc.

So I am kind of barefoot. LOL.

ImagineerDude

Walking around the park...barefoot?? The strollers and tourists stepping on your feet in flip flops is bad enough! But I too hate shoes and the only place I would go barefoot at is at most the resort grounds...and that's pushing it.

rocknroller81

Original Poster
Walking around the park...barefoot?? The strollers and tourists stepping on your feet in flip flops is bad enough! But I too hate shoes and the only place I would go barefoot at is at most the resort grounds...and that's pushing it.

Yeah parks are tough, but I can only stand it for so long. Resorts are the best, especially the Polynesian

disney4life2008

I am a naturalistic person regarding my feet. I was scolded at HS when I got off RnRC for not wearing shoes and was reported to the manager. LOL

George Lucas on a Bench

I tried wearing those Vibram shoes in EPCOT. I ended up getting weird looks in the American Adventure that evening when I abandoned those awful things for a wonderful pair of Chucks.

draybook

I would NEVER go barefoot at the parks. Do you know how many people spit on the ground at any given time? Then you have to add in boogers flicked, food dropped, snot rockets shot........yuck, not ever going to happen!

But I remember one of the girls on my daughter's cheer team going barefoot at the MK after comps in March of 2012. I can't believe her feet didn't rot off.

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
Disney World Guest Appearance Guidelines

Disney World reserves the right to exclude visitors to their gated attractions who wear clothing that could create a distraction. This policy is in effect at the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney MGM Studios, Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park, Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Pleasure Island and Disney Quest.

Examples of unacceptable attire includes:

• Clothing displaying offensive messages/language
  • Adult costumes or clothing that can be viewed as a costume (children under age 10 are excluded)
  • Clothing made with offensive material, (ie transparent)
  • Clothing that is excessively torn
  • Clothing which exposes inappropriate portions of the body such as string bikini tops, G-strings, bikini bottoms, etc.
  • Guests wearing wedding attire are discouraged from entering the Theme Parks.
All Disney Theme Park guests are required to wear shirts and shoes at all times. Swimsuit tops are allowed when worn with other appropriate clothing.

Disney's Pleasure Island, Disney Quest, Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon have other criteria in place which may vary from the general appearance guidelines. Depending on the venue and event, variations may be acceptable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom