Bar seating returns to Tune-In Lounge

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
This may not be a big deal to some, but the bar stools that were removed from the Tune-In Lounge (attached to the 50’s Prime Time Cafe in Hollywood Studios) during covid have returned! (Just in time for my visit next week!)
IMG_4137.jpeg

surfsupdon

Finally. Disney literally has no idea how to run a business lol. Been looking to sit here for a meal for several years now post covid.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
We used to sit at the bar and order desserts from the Prime Time menu there sometimes. Do they allow this again?
We always ordered appetizers with our adult beverages when we could sit. When the chairs didn't come back, we started going over to the outdoor seating at the Brown Derby Lounge. Looks like we will go back to the Tune-In Lounge as we know pretty much all of the barkeeps there and we really love the food.

christine7257

We used to sit at the bar and order desserts from the Prime Time menu there sometimes. Do they allow this again?

We always ordered appetizers with our adult beverages when we could sit. When the chairs didn't come back, we started going over to the outdoor seating at the Brown Derby Lounge. Looks like we will go back to the Tune-In Lounge as we know pretty much all of the barkeeps there and we really love the food.

They are not serving food at the bar yet, per this Princess & the Bear vlog from Wednesday. Hopefully they're just trying to ease back into bar operations, and it will come back soon.

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
maintained as part of a strategy to encourage "quick turns" for high profit alcohol sales across property.
Do we know that as a fact, because it makes no sense to anyone who knows the bar business, and they had to see that reflected in sales.

In some cases, specific to that location, you’d have families waiting for a table taking up space.

In most, you had people who drink at a theme park. These people (my people lol) will drink, drink well, and tip well. We in particular always ordered food as well, without taking up a table in the cafe.

Anyone who wants to “quick turn” can still walk up to the service area, buy a drink, and be on their merry way. It’s the best of all worlds, obviously hurt by the lack of chairs.

Of course, we die hards just stood there for hours lol.

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
I hope that’s coming back soon. Recently, we had to actually…get a table. 😆 We prefer our pot roast at the bar!

Actually, dessert was the main reason we first walked into the Tune-In Lounge years ago. They had a no sugar added cheesecake on the menu, so we went in for that and a drink. We met Julie, and that was that.

The cheesecake was still available for some time after it was removed from the menu, I don’t know if it still is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom