Bank robbery and hostages

Shaman

Logan5 said:
Wow a "news" story on fox thats not about that missing girl in aruba....

Or maybe this stand off is the final battle in the war on christmas....

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ahem...:eek:yeah....no politics....

:lookaroun

:lol:

A "Ghost" Host

This is creepy. The whole street has been closed off, and the hostage and suspects are now driving around, and the live coverage was asked to stop. I'm really worried.

brkgnews

A "Ghost" Host said:
This is creepy. The whole street has been closed off, and the hostage and suspects are now driving around, and the live coverage was asked to stop. I'm really worried.
If they asked the live coverage to stop, they were probably about to try some sneaky swat stuff, and didn't want to give away their positions/etc to the bad guys. This is a very common request by cops. Usually we in the media are more than happy to oblige to save lives.

Number_6

And of course I was working both days in the Traffic Ops center for Orlando so I got to hear all about both of these incidents while they were happening(since we share a room with FHP dispatch and they were staying in contact in case their assistance was requested).

Greg34

Its a done deal now, one male robber dead (shot by a sniper) another female robber arrested. The last hostage was freed, the robbers did fire at deputies as well.

Ducky_Love

The bank is about 1.5 miles away from AK - driving distance. The police put on such a show because this bank has been robbed FOUR times without so much as a suspect... once the robber was on a BIKE and got away. Not a motorcycle, a bike.

They are in a terrible location. They have 192 in front of them and Black Lake Rd behind them.. with no security.. in a strip mall. The bank paid to keep a deputy on property for a while after they were robbed in November, but eventually they stopped paying for it and (OF COURSE) they got robbed again.

It put a serious dent in business around here. Not only did they close down the road- they were using employee cars to block entrances and exits for neighboring properties.

MAYBE they will close this branch or FINALLY pay for proper security!! If not, you can believe this will happen again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom