'Bambi' Live-Action Remake in the Works

Minnesota disney fan

Bbc Uk GIF
My first thoughts on yet another remake. That seems like all disney can do now and it's sad.

Farerb

Bambi is one of my favorite Disney films and easily in my top 5 and my favorite of the big 5. I love everything about it, the animation, the art design, the music, the songs - it's like poetry (it's also Walt's favorite movie). I love it that much that I even refused to ever watch the cheap DTV and only read dreadful things about it (terrible pop songs and "A Young Prince does not say woo-hoo!" Seriously?!).

I have no doubt that this will be as dull and uninvolving as The Lion King where none of the characters show any emotion. Worse - it's going to be more modernized with awful modern humor to appeal to kids these days because let's face it they don't love to do this anymore:

PXL-20230219-175046698.jpg

Regarding Kacey Musgrave - the only thing I know about her is that she sang All is Found in Frozen II and she did it beautifully. I just don't see the point in making Bambi a "Broadway" musical. There aren't many songs in the original and their main purpose was to set a mood, none of the characters burst into songs and did showstopping musical numbers, so I don't really see the point. I'm pretty much certain this is going to be another abomination like Pinocchio so I probably won't bother with it to be honest.

Screamface

I have no doubt that this will be as dull and uninvolving as The Lion King where none of the characters show any emotion. Worse - it's going to be more modernized with awful modern humor to appeal to kids these days because let's face it they don't love to do this anymore:

But the kids will love Awkwafina as thumper!

EPCOT-O.G.

In an interview with Collider on September 26, writer Lindsey Anderson Beer shared her approach to the remake. "Not to spoil the plot, but there's a treatment of the mom dying that I think some parents these days are more sensitive about than they were in the past. And I think that's one of the reasons that they haven't shown it to their children. But I do think there is a way to update Bambi, and our take on it... did give a little bit more of a scope to it. And I just think that to be able to bring it to life for kids these days in a way that maybe they relate to a little bit more would be of service to the original," she said.
This seems like a solution in search of a problem? I’m not aware that there are that many parents that don’t let their kids watch Bambi.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom