Bags 'n stuff

Musicmanbrain

Original Poster
I can't help noticing that over the last few years of visiting WDW people seem to be bringing more and more stuff into the parks with them. Due to Universal's 'no bags on rides' policy, they seem to be immune from this trend. Now don't even get me started on 10 year olds in strollers etc etc, but I just think its really weird that people need SO much with them for a day out!!

Maybe WDW should copy Universal and discourage people bringing the entire contents of their homes with them!!

Me = park ticket, wallet, sun cream, sun glasses and a bottle of water. Job done!

Spikerdink

Heck, if a person wanted to bring along every worldly possession with them and lug it around in a bag or backpack, it makes no difference to me. As long as I don't have to lug it (and I bring my camera bag or camera backpack every trip...) it doesn't impact me. So, if it makes them happy, god bless.

Nemo14

I can't help noticing that over the last few years of visiting WDW people seem to be bringing more and more stuff into the parks with them. Due to Universal's 'no bags on rides' policy, they seem to be immune from this trend. Now don't even get me started on 10 year olds in strollers etc etc, but I just think its really weird that people need SO much with them for a day out!!

Maybe WDW should copy Universal and discourage people bringing the entire contents of their homes with them!!

Me = park ticket, wallet, sun cream, sun glasses and a bottle of water. Job done!

and how does this effect you?

Britt

I've got 3 boys....we carry around bottles of water (that's 5), we carry around a change of shirt for each boy (3), first aid kit, snacks for each person (5), sunscreen, baby wipes, cell phones, ponchos, cameras, diapers....not sure what else you'd like us to carry that in. Or you'd like the 2 year old to carry his own water bottle? Just don't give me a dirty look if he drops it and you trip over it. LMAO.

Nemo14

Britt - I refer you to my second reply.... Keep reading..... You know you can do it!

Nemo14 - it's called an observation. How does reading these forums effect you? They don't, you're just interested - like the rest of us.

I just don't understand your point? What works for you might not work for others. Different strokes and all that - it's all good.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Heck, if a person wanted to bring along every worldly possession with them and lug it around in a bag or backpack, it makes no difference to me. As long as I don't have to lug it (and I bring my camera bag or camera backpack every trip...) it doesn't impact me. So, if it makes them happy, god bless.

I usually just take a wallet, every once in a while a 4x4" flat cross body. What I don't like about the big, honk'n backpacks is guests tend to forget they are rotund with the mega family backpack and are oblivious to their surroundings and otherguests.

The packing it all guests will lean on a metal queue and block the next section with their backpack protruding into the narrow queues, they will turn on a bus while standing and take out the kids head next to them or the guest seated eating their backpack or worse plop it on the floor next to them in a QS restaurant and guests trip over the mega packs while carrying a tray. The baby backpack guests are not bad, they are accustomed to pack'n, it is the guests that in everyday life that aren't pack'n that seem to be oblivious and then are annoyed when Disney Security empties their backpacks.

Poofiesdream

I think a lot of it is they go for the day and what you start out with in the morning you might need differently in the evening like a sweatshirt. Cups to share drinks to keep down on costs, small children need lots of extra's. Myself I only bring what I really need, I don't want to lug stuff around all day. I can always go to first aid for a band aid or tylenol. If I need anything else i can usually buy it there even though I will pay more. Most of the time I don't need anything else.

habe20

I usually just bring a small gym bag. But I think the only people that bring a bunch of stuff in the big bags, are the ones who have little children and need to bring many important things. Children are surprising so you need anything you might need for the day and if that means bringing a huge bag with the stuff you need then so be it. Doesn't bother me the slightest bit.

bethymouse

Thank goodness we don't have tiny ones to deal with. We bring maybe a bottled water and our wallets w/ our KTTW and some $$$. We are now pretty much using our cell phones to take pictures. Less is more for us! We like not having to go through bag check!:D

Britt

My point is that I've noticed a trend whereby over the last few years, far more stuff is being taken into the parks. So, what's changed?
That people are being better prepared??

You get hungry, you have to buy a snack. I just whip one out of my handy bag. You get a cut or have a blister, you get to wait until you get to your room or find a first aid station...I just whip one out my handy bag. Pouring down rain?? I got this. You have to go find shelter or buy an overpriced poncho or deal with the soaking wet.

Im not really sure why it matters much : )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom