bad news from pop century

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardcard

yeah, i thought about that when i typed it.. but I think you know my meaning ;)..

i have aq 5 , 3 and nearly 2 year old.. not to the teen years yet ;)

MansionFan415

I have no kids of my own, but I have three nephews ages 1, 3, and 4 and I have two nieces ages 6 months and 13 years old. And hell, when I am with them or with my entire family and them, it's a full time job keeping an eye on them. I would begin to think that it's just natural instinct within people, no matter the age or if you have children of your own or not.

And back on topic somewhat, still nothing of note on CNN or any other news sites about this or the Typhoon incident, so am guessing everyone ended up OK thank goodness.

MSTINKHERBELL01

I hope the child is okay...I also hope that this changes the way some parents monitor their children in general...so many times I notice children walking away from their parents on Disney property...It's quite scary...a mom lost her son in an AK gift shop a few weeks ago...she was screaming his name and so was everyone else...

Then when he was found she yelled at him and hit him because she let him walk away from her...what the heck? She should have been holding his hand or something....the kid was small...come on.

A saying that my dad would always say in situations like this.

"It's time to thin the Heard"

Meaning that we should not allow stupid people to have kids, because they only tend to bare stupid offspring. I'm not saying this is always true. but the apple never falls far from the tree and like parent like child. im sry to say that our world takes the old saying,

"It takes a tribe to raise a child"

a little too far into thinking that they don't have to watch their own child because someone else will be.

Lucky there was someone else around watching their child that maybe the child is ok. but what will happen next time? TAKE RESOPONCIBILITY 4 YOUR OWN CHILDREN!!!!

A saying that my dad would always say in situations like this.

"It's time to thin the Heard"

Meaning that we should not allow stupid people to have kids, because they only tend to bare stupid offspring. I'm not saying this is always true. but the apple never falls far from the tree and like parent like child.
I'm
sry
to say that our world takes the old saying,

"It takes a tribe to raise a child"

a little too far into thinking that they don't have to watch their own child because someone else will be.

Lucky there was someone else around watching their child that maybe the child is
OK
. but what will happen next time? TAKE RESOPONCIBILITY 4 YOUR OWN CHILDREN!!!!
I'm
IMO
om
um
MI
Edit...
Revert to "im"
Sr
spry
dry
sty
Ry
Edit...
Ignore all
Add to dictionary
OK
OJ
oak
oik
KO
Edit...
Revert to "ok"

Nemo14

A little off topic, but when we flew into Orlando a few weeks ago, we saw a family of 5 - I'd say probably a 5-year-old, a 2-year old and an infant waiting for the monorail that takes you to the main terminal. When the doors opened the middle child waled right through (out the door) and the family didn't notice. My DH pointed it out to them, and they just laughed about it. :rolleyes:

PintoColvig

This just in...
The Orlando Sentinel is reporting that nothing significant happened at the pool at Disney's Pop Century pool. Go back to your lives, people.

Dizneyworld4430

Original Poster
GoofyFreek said:
This is the only mention of this at all. And I was a beleiver for a while. But if the more I read the more I read to into it. You are talking about a kid drowning and possibly dieing and a second later you are tlakinga bout the audio loop for HM and Testtrack. And then to finish it up your saying your next in line for EE.

Just a little to out there if your asking me.

when wrote drowned i didnt mean died i ment he was at the bottome of the pool i would have made a more detailed report but i was on my side kick. takes along time to type on there anyway i was right there when it happend the parrents wernt even at the pool and when the guy jumped in and brought him out he was lifeless as far as i know they revived him but for a while it was scarry. thats all i know and the hotel didnt answer when i asked if he was ok.

Dizneyworld4430

Original Poster
:brick: :brick: and plus i worte that after the fact that it happend and was bored in line so i decided to state what i saw wasnt working. didnt mean i didnt care a bout what happend because the last i heared they revived him. so im sorry if information got misconstruded but i dont post on here often i wouldnt make something like this up i do have a life...and not everything that happens in this world ends up on the news so if you want to you can believe me if not o well it doesnt bother me much but i was just doing my part and letting people know what was goin on there while they wernt there. sorry if thats wrong :brick: :brick: :confused:

jmicro59

finan03 said:
but at the same time, isnt the purpose of going on a disney vacation RELAXING? it's not really fair to expect a mom or pop to keep constant watch on their kids when it's their down time also.
i think that glancing up and making sure your kids okay every now and then is okay, so long as you dont lose track of your time.

and if you do, thats why the lifeguards are there.

More proof of being a parent should require a license and some training. :hammer:

1disneydood

MansionFan415 said:
I have no kids of my own, but I have three nephews ages 1, 3, and 4 and I have two nieces ages 6 months and 13 years old. And hell, when I am with them or with my entire family and them, it's a full time job keeping an eye on them. I would begin to think that it's just natural instinct within people, no matter the age or if you have children of your own or not.

And back on topic somewhat, still nothing of note on CNN or any other news sites about this or the Typhoon incident, so am guessing everyone ended up OK thank goodness.
A parent without that instinct is sad. It is instinct to me. I put my child before anything to do with my enjoyment. I only "relax" when he's at school or asleep. It angers me to think how parents can "relax" when they're kids are around. Unless the kids are self sufficient, indestructable, small adults they need to be watched/ protected/ loved and NOT ignored.

Please pay attention to your kids, not just for protection but to show love and caring. <--- This isn't directed to anyone, just a general cry out.

wannab@dis

Dizneyworld4430 said:
when wrote drowned i didnt mean died i ment he was at the bottome of the pool i would have made a more detailed report but i was on my side kick. takes along time to type on there anyway i was right there when it happend the parrents wernt even at the pool and when the guy jumped in and brought him out he was lifeless as far as i know they revived him but for a while it was scarry. thats all i know and the hotel didnt answer when i asked if he was ok.
If 99.9999% of people post that someone "drowned" they mean that person died. Please try to make your posts understandable and more clear.

wannab@dis

Dizneyworld4430 said:
:brick: :brick: and plus i worte that after the fact that it happend and was bored in line so i decided to state what i saw wasnt working. didnt mean i didnt care a bout what happend because the last i heared they revived him. so im sorry if information got misconstruded but i dont post on here often i wouldnt make something like this up i do have a life...and not everything that happens in this world ends up on the news so if you want to you can believe me if not o well it doesnt bother me much but i was just doing my part and letting people know what was goin on there while they wernt there. sorry if thats wrong :brick: :brick: :confused:
??? :veryconfu ???

bgraham34

wannab@dis said:
If 99.9999% of people post that someone "drowned" they mean that person died. Please try to make your posts understandable and more clear.

Or use the word drowning.

NX2I85

twx24me said:
Parents pay more attention to getting tans, or having cocktails to watch their kids. They figure its the life guards job I guess!

I hardly ever post here, but I just had to point out that the above quote was a dumb-______ thing to say.

Thank you; you may now resume you regularly scheduled thread

fers31

NX2I85 said:
I hardly ever post here, but I just had to point out that the above quote was a dumb-______ thing to say.

Thank you; you may now resume you regularly scheduled thread

You're not going to like this, but they were pretty much on the money. I've seen it many times. It obviously isn't everyone.....but it is rather common.

MSTINKHERBELL01

Welcome to the boards! I don't want to be rude by any means...so please don't take what I'm about to type as such:

Every one on this board has an opinion...and they are free to respectfully express themselves as they wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom