Backyard BBQ or Luau???

phardin

Original Poster
We're visiting Disney in October with our 6 year old son and are trying to decide between the Luau or the BBQ. What are your thoughts and opinions? Which is better? We've done the Hoop De Doo already.

disney4life2008

He may enjoy the BBQ more. I think the characters attend this one. While the Luau is nice, you can get better food, ambiance at Ohana. Just my opinion.

becanya

Definitely the BBQ. We liked the Luau with our DS 4 and DD 14 mo...but the show is really long and there is not a lot of opportunity to move around. Our kids just couldn't sit for 3 hours. The BBQ is AWESOME! We are going back for a second time. But a little tip, get there early and go straight to the rope to wait. They let people in to get seated in groups of about 20, and you can get the table right next to the dancefloor. That means your kid can dance and play the whole time while you eat in peace. It's an awesome experience! Food is better at the Luau, but the experience is way better w/ little kids at the BBQ.

DisneyDebNJ

We have gone to both, the Luau is OK? but the BBQ offers much more of a selection, plus, a younger child may get antsy watching *dancing* and fire eaters, BBQ is so much more fun for a little one, in my opinion

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom