Backstage @ The Haunted Mansion

Prince Thomas

Original Poster
Hello my WDWM friends!!! I'll be coming down to WDW in March for my birthday and my fave ride has always been The Haunted Mansion! The actual day of my bday is going to be spent at MK and they have EMH till 2am. What are the chances or odds that they would let me ride it with all the lights on at the end of the night or even let me walk a backstage area?? I'm beyond obsessed with the ride and it would def be the most amazing bday gift!!!! Any suggestions or answers would help and be appreciated... Much love!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 107

Goofyernmost

Hate to burst your bubble, but, I would say small to not at all. You could ask nicely, I'm sure they won't get upset with you for asking, but, I doubt that they will allow that unless you are in a private tour and I don't think they have one of those for that kind of thing. Good luck with trying though.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Hello my WDWM friends!!! I'll be coming down to WDW in March for my birthday and my fave ride has always been The Haunted Mansion! The actual day of my bday is going to be spent at MK and they have EMH till 2am. What are the chances or odds that they would let me ride it with all the lights on at the end of the night or even let me walk a backstage area?? I'm beyond obsessed with the ride and it would def be the most amazing bday gift!!!! Any suggestions or answers would help and be appreciated... Much love!

This is probably as closed as you will get:

TheGhostWithTheMost

I very recently worked at the Mansion. There is absolutely no way they will allow you to ride this with the lights off. You would have to ride after the last guest get off the ride. Therefor, you would have to ride a full nine minutes after the "last guests" ride. Cast Members want to go home. They have lives. They work long shifts. If you're there at 2am, some are there are there until 3am and won't be home until 4am. They have checklists to do after the ride closes before they can go home and they can get points on their record card if they clock out late. The building also has to be turned over the third shift. The cast wants to go home. Sorry.

And there are very specific circumstances where non-mansion cast are allowed to walk through the ride. You HAVE TO BE a WDW cast member and to sign up for a tour that takes place early early in the morning (5am) and is lead by a specific guide. You have to have a company ID to do it and you have to sign up for it.

In short: no. There is no way. Sorry :/

Bolt

Why would you want to walk backstage? It's essentially garbage cans, roads and cars. Not a graveyard full of animatronics.

Prince Thomas

Original Poster
I very recently worked at the Mansion. There is absolutely no way they will allow you to ride this with the lights off. You would have to ride after the last guest get off the ride. Therefor, you would have to ride a full nine minutes after the "last guests" ride. Cast Members want to go home. They have lives. They work long shifts. If you're there at 2am, some are there are there until 3am and won't be home until 4am. They have checklists to do after the ride closes before they can go home and they can get points on their record card if they clock out late. The building also has to be turned over the third shift. The cast wants to go home. Sorry.

And there are very specific circumstances where non-mansion cast are allowed to walk through the ride. You HAVE TO BE a WDW cast member and to sign up for a tour that takes place early early in the morning (5am) and is lead by a specific guide. You have to have a company ID to do it and you have to sign up for it.

In short: no. There is no way. Sorry :/
Now that was the info I needed!!!!! Thanx. I woulda been wasting so much time trying to do this. And thanx for pointing out about the CMs.... Never thought of it that way!

Prince Thomas

Original Poster
I hope you still have a happy birthday! Ask for a Honorary Caretaker card! Not many people know that Maids and Butlers can give them out and they're a fun thing to have!
Thanx a bunch!!!!! Still can't believe I'll be spending my actual bday in MK .... GHOST WITH THE MOST u know like everything!!! Anything or secrets I can use for my bday?

TheGhostWithTheMost

Thanx a bunch!!!!! Still can't believe I'll be spending my actual bday in MK .... GHOST WITH THE MOST u know like everything!!! Anything or secrets I can use for my bday?
There are many hidden Jacks from Nightmare Before Christmas.

Try to ride late at night on EMH. Try to have no people in front of you and definitely no people in the buggies behind you. Bring a nice flashlight. The book on the table in the library scene is Nightmare Before Christmas. And there is a hidden Jack and Sally on the right side if the Attic. Sally is a plush and is on the bottom of a little nightstand like thing right as you enter the attic. And Jack is a cookie jar like thing that is hidden deep in the attic right before you go out the window also on the right hand side close to the ground.

Make sure if you're shinning a flash light around that you're not disturbing anyone else's ride! Try to go late at night and maybe strike of a conversation with a cast member once you get out of the stretch room to make sure no one is ahead of behind you!

Chef Mickey

Not to be rude, but why would you even think this is possible?

It's just against the rules and you're just a guest. You have no business in getting special treatment and it's not worth the liability to "allow" you to do something against the rules. There is only downside for Disney. Imagine getting hurt doing something off the record or against policy?

I want to see the upstairs of Space Ship Earth with the lights on, but I don't think I can just waltz in and ask after hours.

Bottom line, who do you think you are? LOL...answer is no.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom