Backstage Magic Tree Farm Pictures

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
$220 to see some trees? Wow.
The tour is considerbly more then just some trees. On average it runs 7-8 hours long and includes the utilidoors at MK, backstage at Epcot and DHS as well as a special lunch. The tour is worth every cent of the $220 price tag.

draybook

Yeah, I forgot that this was the Backstage Tour that was being discussed. Still, $220 a person is a bit much. And who cares if lunch is include when it's just overpriced mediocre food anyways?

I'd love to see some backstage stuff but not at those prices. Thanks for the pictures though, I do like seeing how they create the character trees.

WDW 3

They added AK the week of November 9th we were on the tour the 12th and were the 4th group. It was a wonderful surprise to go to all the parks. It was great! We had Mark and Dena for our guides. The lunch at the Wilderness Lodge was great too. Not too much goofiness from the staff if that concerned someone. We thought the 219 per person, less 20% using the Disney Visa with lunch included was worth it! It was a great way to spend a day. We had our 16 year old with us and she enjoyed it as much as we did.

roylr

I just have to ask, is there a LOT of walking in this tour, I would love to take this tour but I have quite a bit of difficulty walking for long distances without sitting down to rest. and I would not want to slow anyone down or hold them up I have diabetic neuropathy and peripheral artery disease but I absolutely refuse to use an ECV. I was curious if you can rest enough on the bus or however they transport you between the parks.

Eljay

Roylr, they do get you around on a large bus, but there is a lot of standing and some walking.
We had 2 ECV riders on our tour and they didn't hold us up at all.

I agree with those who thought the tour was worth the money. I dragged my very unwilling husband along and he absolutely loved it.

The lunch at Whispering Canyon was an all-you-can-eat barbeque. It was very tasty.
Everything was included, beverages, tax, tip. The only thing that would be charged for, was if you wanted an adult beverage.

We took the tour last February on a beautiful, bright, sunny day. The temps were in the high 60's - low 70's. Just perfect.

Interesting to hear that they have worked DAK into the tour. I'm wondering what they eliminated, since our 3 park tour filled the full 7-8 hour time allowance.

Cool that you got to see the parade at DAK.

Thanks for sharing your experience, jzimm! :)

SinginSarah

Or if you don't want to pay $220 you can always get a job in costuming at DAK, and you'll pass by the tree farm several times a day when doing runs. :animwink:

Well, at least that's what I did. :ROFLOL:

jzimm

Original Poster
We were warned that there would be a lot of walking, but there really wasn't. Anyone who walks around the parks shouldn't have trouble with the tour. There was a lady who just had a knee replaced in our tour group. She used a wheel chair and it didn't slow us down at all. The day we took the tour was probably the day we did the least amount of walking compared to the other "normal" days in the parks

Eljay

I read a September review of the tour and I think they cut out walking through EPCOT to get to the bus and the costume center at EPCOT also the Laundry and Holiday Services building at Magic Kingdom. We hopped on the bus right out front of EPCOT so that saved time.
http://blog.touringplans.com/2009/09/27/backstage-magic-tour/

On our tour in February, they never showed us the Holiday Services building. I certainly hope they didn't eliminate the laundry! Don't laugh, it was absolutely mind boggling. My husband and I looked at each other and rolled our eyes when they said they were showing us the laundry. OMG, you can't imagine what it takes to be the largest laundry facility in the world! No joking, 30,000 pieces a day. It's really worth seeing. Funny, but that ended up being one of the things we talked most about afterwards.

bgraham34

Or if you don't want to pay $220 you can always get a job in costuming at DAK, and you'll pass by the tree farm several times a day when doing runs. :animwink:

Well, at least that's what I did. :ROFLOL:

Well that certainly is a cheaper option and you get paid, not bad.

Mystic

Really? Do tell. Why would eating at Whispering Canyon stop you from doing the tour?

We've stayed at WL numerous times and have eaten at WCC numerous times as well. The hijinks that go on in the restaurant is one reason that would prevent us from doing the tour again. We've grown really tired of the chaos that goes on in WCC. We do not enjoy having our straws and napkins thrown at us the minute our server shows up. Also our last meal there was something to be desired and not exactly something that makes us want to rush right on back there. Granted it was late in the evening but that shouldn't have made a difference. The food was not up to their usual standards. We were seated out the back of the restaurant in the lobby of the hotel. We barely ever saw our waiter. And when my mother order coffee with her dessert, the waiter refused to bring her any. He said it had been made at the start of the evening and it wasn't any good anymore. He never offered to make a new pot or anything. He just refused her coffee.

If they went to any other restaurant we would take this tour again, but as long as they have lunch at Whispering Canyon, we'll skip it.

Even if we stay at the WL again in the future (we're booked back into the Poly for next year) we'll go to the Wave or Kona for dinner instead.

WDW 3

Since we were a group, the tables were already set, the only things delivered were the drinks and the skillets. It was the all you can eat
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Canyon Skillet" Smoked Pork Ribs, Oven-roasted Chicken, and Pork Sausage served with Cowboy Beans, Corn on the Cob, Creamy Coleslaw, Mashed Potatoes, and Fresh-baked Cornbread with a peach cobbler and ice creams served in one of the giant skillets. Delicious. Again no chaos.[/FONT]

Mystic

Since we were a group, the tables were already set, the only things delivered were the drinks and the skillets. It was the all you can eat
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Canyon Skillet" Smoked Pork Ribs, Oven-roasted Chicken, and Pork Sausage served with Cowboy Beans, Corn on the Cob, Creamy Coleslaw, Mashed Potatoes, and Fresh-baked Cornbread with a peach cobbler and ice creams served in one of the giant skillets. Delicious. Again no chaos.[/FONT]

It's not just the chaos caused by the servers but the general overall chaos in the restaurant. Especially when they get the kids up and running around. The first time it was cute. The twentieth time....not so much. Also my mom nearly got smacked in the head by one of the kids doing the pony express because they took their JUMBO fork with them.

Over the last couple visits we've had more negatives than positives at this restaurant. Also seeing as we have done the tour in the past, there are a number of other tours we want to do before we consider this one again. We're off to the Steam Train Tour next and possibly one of the Segway Tours.

SinginSarah

In costuming, I went on a tour of textile services (laundry) during my training. That place is CRAZY. There are pieces of clothing flying all over the place on rails, giant bags full of laundry (you could probably fit several people in those bags), and it's all computerized and sorted with electronic hangers. No, it doesn't sound at all interesting, but it's really something to see that place, it's crazy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom