backpacks and re-entrance

marush43

Original Poster
I was wondering are you really allowed to bring a backpack into the WDW amusement parks?? Also, if you have a 1-day pass or any amount of days pass, can you leave and come back in one the same day using the same day pass?

CAPTAIN HOOK

I was wondering are you really allowed to bring a backpack into the WDW amusement parks?? Also, if you have a 1-day pass or any amount of days pass, can you leave and come back in one the same day using the same day pass?

Yes you can take a rucksack into the parks - it will be searched before you enter.

Yes as long as its the same park - otherwise you will need the Hopper option added to your ticket - either way it only uses one days entitlement

CleveRocks

Captain Hook is 100% correct. You can bring in any size bag you want, as long as it's (theoretically) small enough to fit into a rental locker.

Also, you CAN'T bring in anything that you would pull behind you, such as a wagon or rolling cooler.

You are permitted to bring in any food you want, as long as there's no alcohol and no glass.

Before you get to the entrance turnstiles, there will be tables where security guards will ask you to open your bag(s) and they will inspect the contents for any prohibited materials, such as glass containers, weapons, and SeaWorld or Universal souvenirs. These security bag-checkers are VERY nice and courteous.

Cole'sMom

I thought there was no glass permitted in the parks. What do you do if you have glass baby food jars? I know if you open them they can go bad fairly quickly. I have no problem emptying them into a plastic dish, but I'd like to make sure what I'm feeding my son is safe. Thanks!

Passport

I thought there was no glass permitted in the parks. What do you do if you have glass baby food jars? I know if you open them they can go bad fairly quickly. I have no problem emptying them into a plastic dish, but I'd like to make sure what I'm feeding my son is safe. Thanks!

Baby food also comes in little plastic tubs at the supermarket. If it is important for you to have baby food, I wouldn't chance taking glass jars.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
According to this post, baby food jars are an exception.

CleveRocks

Yes, MontyMon is correct. The ONLY exception to glass containers is baby food jars. I guess they realize that parents of small children aren't going to start trouble and throwing projectiles.

I'll bet if a group of teens came in with a backpack full of baby food jars, however, that they'd not be allowed to bring it in.:ROFLOL:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Yes, MontyMon is correct. The ONLY exception to glass containers is baby food jars. I guess they realize that parents of small children aren't going to start trouble and throwing projectiles.

I'll bet if a group of teens came in with a backpack full of baby food jars, however, that they'd not be allowed to bring it in.:ROFLOL:
Actually, technically you were correct! The post I pointed to was yours! :lol:

ROEFan88

Before you get to the entrance turnstiles, there will be tables where security guards will ask you to open your bag(s) and they will inspect the contents for any prohibited materials, such as glass containers, weapons, and SeaWorld or Universal souvenirs. These security bag-checkers are VERY nice and courteous.

Is the souvenir part really true? Are they that strict?

RiversideBunny

Regarding backpacks, you sometimes see people in the parks, who don't have babies with them, carrying around very large and heavy back packs.

Is the idea to save a few bucks on bottled water or snacks?
Seems like having to carry that much weight and bulk all day is not worth any savings.
:eek:

Cole'sMom

Thanks Monty and cleverocks! I'm glad I can take glass jars of baby food. He uses the plastic ones now but by the springtime he will be eating more than a little container. I really appreciate it!

Rob562

Regarding backpacks, you sometimes see people in the parks, who don't have babies with them, carrying around very large and heavy back packs.

Seems like having to carry that much weight and bulk all day is not worth any savings.

It depends on what they're carrying around. It's not always food and drinks. In the winter months, I'll often bring a jacket or sweatshirt with me and carry it around in my backpack. When it's a group of us, we'll either stuff all our post-sunset clothes into one bag and carry it around, or we'll split the cost of a locker.
In the summer months, I usually bring an extra T-shirt to change into mid-day. I've also sometimes brought a "nice" change of clothes if i'm going to a nice restaurant for dinner and I won't be making it back to the hotel beforehand.

-Rob

bayoutinkbelle

Oh, let's see. I carry the usual stuff for me and my son and/or others I'm with -- passes, ID, hotel key card, $$$/card, sunscreen, lip balm AND stuff like sweaters or sweatshirts (depending on time of year), a hat (a must for after wet rides) and my digital camera, video camera and cell phone. I might throw a water bottle in there, too.

Sometimes I'll throw small stuff I buy into the pack if it's something I want to use ASAP or I don't want to wait to pick it up back at the hotel.

Using a backpack is soooo much better than carrying a clunky purse around. I like to be prepared. :lol:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
So, what is the price for a locker rental??
I think it's 7 or 8 dollars and you get 2 back when you return the key. The rental is good for the day, so if you park hop, keep your receipt. You'll only need to give them the 2 dollar deposit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom