Background check hold

Helloshane

Original Poster
Hello everyone,
New here. I got a job as a K-9 handler at Disney world. I did all my Onboarding and fingerprints and was supposed to have my traditions on Dec 21st with training starting the 30th.
last week I got a call saying everything is now on hold (traditions and training) because of an incident that was dismissed back in 2015. The guy said all I had to do is write a statement of disposition of what exactly and I should be fine to do those classes.
The was a week and a half ago and I still haven’t heard anything. Even left a voicemail on Wednesday to their background department. did I just lose my job at Disney? I left the Marine Corps in order to pursue this career thinking that was 100% on board.

thanks for any help or tips in advance!

Helloshane

Original Poster
I'm guessing this is over a legal issue from the past (?) If so, TWDC is not above the law, and if whatever incident they're concerned about was dismissed by a court, they cannot hold that against you. If there was any sort of conviction, that's a whole different story.

Yes, this is something happened way back in 2015. There was never any convictions, and the case was dismissed due to no evidence to support the claim. There’s a law against this?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom