Back to the Future: The Ride

Tom Morrow

Original Poster
I've wondered about this for a long time.. How many screens, floors, and cars does BTTF: TR have?? The building layout is so complicated that I can't figure it out. It seems like there is at least 2 screens.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
2 floors, 6 cars. 1 enourmous screen.

The cars are slightly tilted so no matter which one you're in, it looks the same. If you look behind you on the ride, you'll see the other cars

Tom Morrow

Original Poster
Originally posted by mktiggerman
2 floors, 6 cars. 1 enourmous screen.

The cars are slightly tilted so no matter which one you're in, it looks the same. If you look behind you on the ride, you'll see the other cars

Thanks! What about the one at USH? That building appears to have 2 screens.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by Tom Morrow

Thanks! What about the one at USH? That building appears to have 2 screens.

never been there.. wouldn't know

Luau Cove

Originally posted by mktiggerman
If you look behind you on the ride, you'll see the other cars

Yeah, I checked this out before. Now, tell me, Is that room actually stretching or is it my imagination?

-->LUAU

Tom Morrow

Original Poster
Originally posted by DigitalDisney
At USF:
2 screens
3 floors
6 cars per floor (I think)

36 vehicles total

This makes a lot more sense - The line splits into 3 floors, and from each floor you either go left or right, into a room with 6 standby rows.

Disney4648

Thats so cool about the BTTF:TR info. I always thought that each car had thier own screen....i will have to look and see if i can see the other cards next time i go.

woofboy111

Î think you're right about the 3 floors (might be 4) but I am 100% sure that there are two screens. After you go inside of the building (doesn't matter what floor you are on), in the pre-preshow area, look straight ahead. There is a hallway in front of you that is between the two screens. On both sides of this hallway, if you look ther are the rows of cars. I kind of figured this out just by looking at it, but then I got confromation from a cast member, so this is right.

Camelot

Originally posted by Disney4648
Thats so cool about the BTTF:TR info. I always thought that each car had thier own screen....i will have to look and see if i can see the other cards next time i go.

Yes, that's very interesting...I never realized this..

Unfortunately, I have gotten motion sickness on this ride, despite taking Dramamine (go figure), so I am not too anxious to ride it anytime soon. :(

howlin_mad

Originally posted by DigitalDisney
At USF:
2 screens
3 floors
6 cars per floor (I think)

36 vehicles total

Uhhh, wouldn't that make it 18 vehicles total? Last time I checked 6 x 3 was 18, not 36. With two screens for the ride, you'll have three cars (assuming six cars total for each floor) on each floor looking at one screen. For some reason I seem to remember there being eight cars on each floor, and that would make it four cars on each floor looking at one screen. Assuming that is correct, then the ride would be consisted of three floors, two screens, a total of 24 cars, and 192 people on the ride for each showing. Assuming it takes seven minutes for each showing (ride and load/unload time), then 1645 people would be able to experience the ride each hour. If it's only six cars, then 1234 people would experience the ride each hour.

woofboy111

Originally posted by howlin_mad

Uhhh, wouldn't that make it 18 vehicles total? Last time I checked 6 x 3 was 18, not 36. With two screens for the ride, you'll have three cars (assuming six cars total for each floor) on each floor looking at one screen. For some reason I seem to remember there being eight cars on each floor, and that would make it four cars on each floor looking at one screen. Assuming that is correct, then the ride would be consisted of three floors, two screens, a total of 24 cars, and 192 people on the ride for each showing. Assuming it takes seven minutes for each showing (ride and load/unload time), then 1645 people would be able to experience the ride each hour. If it's only six cars, then 1234 people would experience the ride each hour.

That sounds about right...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom