Pre-Trip Back to Disney World...sooner than I thought!

Howdy folks! I'm excited to announce that I'm going back to Disney World!! My last trip was May 2017 which was my honeymoon! Here is the trip report for anyone interested in looking back!

Let me share this whole new world with you!

A quick introduction:

Heather and Josh (DH) on our honeymoon!

IMG_6957.JPG

Our honeymoon was DH first trip to the World and while he had a great time, he declared that we wouldn't be back for another 4 years or so!
I, on the other hand, let that go through one Minnie ear and out the next!

DH and I have a little boy that we left behind when we went on our honeymoon. This was him waving goodbye to us as we took off for Orlando!
IMG_6956.JPG

(Cameron or "Cam", now 4 1/2 years old)

So just backtracking a little, I have been throwing Disney is this boy's face since he came out of the womb! He's now obsessed. He constantly wants to watch vlogs on youtube or ride videos and claims he's going to ride this or that ride and that he will sit with me on this ride, but his Daddy on the other ride. Here are just a few snapshots over the years!
IMG_6959.JPG

IMG_6962.JPG

IMG_6964.JPG

IMG_6963.JPG

IMG_6952.JPG

They grow up so fast!

Naturally, my dream is to bring my boy to Disney World. And I want to bring him when he's young enough to still experience that child-like magic. Well, since returning from our honeymoon I have heard my DH speak about our trip with great enthusiasm on many occasions and in great length, too! We were watching Disney Jr. one night and a commercial comes on for Disney World and Cam says how much he really, really wants to go to DW and looks over at his Daddy with the saddest eyes and frown you've ever seen. DH looks at me and says you put him up to this, didn't you?? Whoooo??? MEEE?? :eek:
It was then that I heard the magic words....the words that I was told would not happen for years and years to come....I even made him repeat those said words....BOOK THE TRIP!!!!! :inlove:

Next: Trip Details

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
I learned a long time ago that a hundred dollars or two are well worth a happy husband on vacation!

This is going to be so fun! Cannot wait to hear how everything works out with you guys being on property and your parents being off!

Isn't that the truth!? :greedy:

Yes, it will be interesting. Especially since my mother is late for everything! She will legit be late for her own funeral. I told her we will be there for rope drop and if they aren't there by then, well they can just follow the trail of dust I left behind in the wind because I'm not waiting! :hilarious: But in all seriousness, I will try not to let it stress me out too much. I think meeting up some of the time and other times doing our own things will be the key.

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Question:

Can I add my Mom, Dad and niece to my MDE and just control their plans through my account or does my mom need her own MDE acct? It would just be so much easier for me to be able to book their FP+ this way and throughout the week while we are there.

Also was wondering if I am able to add them this way would their pictures show up on my memory maker?

I just don't want to screw up my own plans on the app! :banghead: :hilarious:

TheMouseFan

Question:

Can I add my Mom, Dad and niece to my MDE and just control their plans through my account or does my mom need her own MDE acct? It would just be so much easier for me to be able to book their FP+ this way and throughout the week while we are there.

Also was wondering if I am able to add them this way would their pictures show up on my memory maker?

I just don't want to screw up my own plans on the app! :banghead::hilarious:
You can add them to your account. I did that with my parents because I knew they would never go by themselves in the future! It was much easier that way!! And even if she gets her own account, you can see their pics as long as you link your account to hers.

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Great news: I used my "daddy's girl" charm and now my parents are booked at Pop!! Yay!! They will still be driving in 2 days after us and leaving a day earlier than us, but I'm happy that I convinced them to stay on property and booked at the same resort! And, it took me awhile, but I finally figured out how to link our accounts together on MDE! The kids are getting super excited and talk about it all the time which just makes me more excited!

46 days until ADR day!

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Hello! I hope that you all had a lovely Memorial Day weekend. It's been awhile since my last update. Life has been busy. Cameron had a little surgery to get tubes in his ears and adenoids removed and he also graduated from Preschool and my husband decided he wanted to revisit his youth and started playing basketball games with some of his buddies. Well his second time out playing with them and he comes home with a broken foot. He's been in a cast and can't put any weight on it, so he's rolling around on one of those knee scooter things. I say all this because in his line of work, he can not work without being able to walk so he's on medical leave. Before they pay him his disability they are using up ALL OF HIS VACATION TIME first! WHAT? Yes I freaked! He assured me that Cameron and I would still go even if he couldn't, but I hated the thought of him having to miss Cameron's first trip. However, he met up with his boss for lunch one day and talked to him about it and he told him they would let him off for our trip even though he will have no vacation time leftover! Yay!! :happy:

My 180 day ADR window opened up on Memorial Day. So that meant on my day off from work I had to be on the computer at 5 am making reservations. I was literally half a sleep but I had my list ready so that helped. I was happy that I was able to get everything that I wanted and at the times that I wanted as well. I decided to give them a quick overlook to make sure I got it all and realized I had booked a dinner at Whispering Canyon for last night! I went back to sleep and called Disney when I woke up the 2nd time and they gladly cancelled and waived the fee for me. What a costly mistake that would have been! :jawdrop:

Our dining experiences will include:
Garden Grill breakfast
Chef Mickey breakfast
Tusker House breakfast
Be Our Guest lunch
Mama Melrose lunch
T-Rex lunch
Whispering Canyon dinner
'Ohana dinner
Chef Art Smith's Homecomin' dinner (so looking forward to this)
Momma and Daddy date night to Morimoto Asia (Mom/Dad will entertain Cam)

A few pics from Cam's Preschool Graduation Play....His nursery rhyme was Oh Where, Oh Where Has My Little Dog Gone. We practiced for months and he was so nervous, but he nailed it and recited it loud and proud! We were so proud!:inlove:
IMG_7492.JPG

IMG_7485.JPG

IMG_7624.JPG

And these are from his last field trip which was to see Disney on Ice!
IMG_7507.JPG

IMG_7521.JPG

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Howdy folks!

99 days! Doing the DOUBLE DIGIT DANCE today and getting very exited.
ADRs made...flights booked...magical express info submitted....magic band colors selected...now waiting on fastpass day!
With my little man starting Kindergarten last week and my husband starting a new job 2 weeks ago, time is going by quickly!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom